mikeman6kids
mikeman6kids
  • Threads: 3
February 11th, 2013 at 9:48:45 AM permalink
I bet no pass, full 5x odds. If I don't bet until a point is made then bet no pass full odds will my chances of winning be better because its less likely he will get two points in a row?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 11th, 2013 at 9:57:43 AM permalink
No. Past results mean nothing. The odds of getting a point is always 40.61% no matter how many points the shooter has rolled in the past.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
February 11th, 2013 at 10:57:04 AM permalink
Quote: mikeman6kids

I bet no pass, full 5x odds.

Excellent!

If I don't bet until a point is made then bet no pass full odds will my chances of winning be better because its less likely he will get two points in a row?

Let me understand this...
what you are saying is this...

1) IF You do not bet until a point is made, so no bet on the come out roll.
2) A point is then established. (Say the 6)
3) Now bet "no pass" (I take this meaning the Don't Pass - that is what the table layout says)
with full odds...

STOP
One can NOT bet the don't pass AFTER a point is established.
One can Lay the point
or
one can make a don't come bet for the next roll.

added:
or are you saying you bet the Don't Pass with no odds until a point is made, then you bet the odds.
Kind of like a trigger to tell you when to Lay the odds.
It was already pointed out it makes no difference as the point win probability is constant for each point.

any questions here
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
February 11th, 2013 at 12:04:49 PM permalink
Gull odds.

aahigh.com
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
February 11th, 2013 at 12:50:12 PM permalink
Can I bet on the gull?
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
goatcabin
goatcabin
  • Threads: 4
February 13th, 2013 at 3:06:04 PM permalink

I bet no pass, full 5x odds. If I don't bet until a point is made then bet no pass full odds will my chances of winning be better because its less likely he will get two points in a row?

It sounds to me as though he's saying he bets DP after a point is MADE, i.e. won. Then, using the odds of two points being made in a row, he figures the probability the next point will be made is lower, the classic Gambler's Fallacy. The odds of two tails in a row is .5 * .5 = .25, so if the first roll is tails, the probability of the next tails is only .25. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Cheers, Alan Shank "How's that for a squabble, Pugh?" Peter Boyle as Mister Moon in "Yellowbeard"
  • Jump to: