Poll

No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
6 votes (75%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
June 1st, 2012 at 6:47:59 AM permalink
Heading to Washington DC next week. Planning on hitting the Craps table a couple of times when I'm out there.

Please list your favorite Casinos with Craps located within a 2.5 hour drive from Washington DC; Casinos close enough to do a day trip. Radius includes (WV,MD,DE).
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
toastcmu
toastcmu
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 292
June 1st, 2012 at 7:21:01 AM permalink
My vote goes for Harrington - if you go during the week, it's usually $5 and you can do 10x odds with a $10 bet. Charles town is always $15 when I pop in and crowded. Plus, I've had the most fun there at craps (and won too).

-B
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 302
  • Posts: 8345
June 1st, 2012 at 8:18:36 AM permalink
I also think Harrington is your best bet. Haven't run into anyone yet who liked Charles Town. We might hear from someone who goes to Dover.

Perhaps you are aware that the 'Maryland Live' thing will be going by the 7th [10 PM the night before if you want to be in on the grand opening]. That will not be a real table, plus of course some other unknowns.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
June 1st, 2012 at 8:32:45 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I also think Harrington is your best bet. Haven't run into anyone yet who liked Charles Town. We might hear from someone who goes to Dover.

Perhaps you are aware that the 'Maryland Live' thing will be going by the 7th [10 PM the night before if you want to be in on the grand opening]. That will not be a real table, plus of course some other unknowns.



I plan on checking out MD Live when I'm out there next week.

I plan on going to Harrington during the week (daytime) but it sounds like they only have 1 Craps table going during the day (I called a few times this week) and they only had 1 table going. What's the closest casino to Harrington with Craps? Just in case the table @ Harrington is too packed....I hate packed tables.

I went to Charles Town once last year. Great proximity to DC but table minimums are too high, 2x Odds, very smoky....not my kind of place.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 302
  • Posts: 8345
June 1st, 2012 at 8:38:29 AM permalink
you could find yourself going to Atlantic City! certainly Dover.

My limited experience with Harrington is that one table during the week will be near empty at first and fills up for the afternoon. I have seen two tables going during the week, but something tells me they don't really have the dealers now to do it. Have no plans to ever go when the Bay Bridge could get backed up, so my experience is strictly weekday.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
June 1st, 2012 at 8:46:20 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

you could find yourself going to Atlantic City! certainly Dover.

My limited experience with Harrington is that one table during the week will be near empty at first and fills up for the afternoon. I have seen two tables going during the week, but something tells me they don't really have the dealers now to do it. Have no plans to ever go when the Bay Bridge could get backed up, so my experience is strictly weekday.



Atlantic City is too far for a day trip from Washington DC for me (Driving). Dover sounds like a good backup plan. Regarding the Bay Bridge; I have heard horror stories about it. My plan is to leave DC during the weekday around 6:45am, get to Harrington by 9:00AM (Craps opens up at 9am) and leave early afternoon to drive back down to DC to meet back up with my wife.

Any advice as to the times the Bay Bridge tends to back up with traffic?
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
hook3670
hook3670
Joined: May 17, 2011
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 436
June 1st, 2012 at 9:05:33 AM permalink
Try one of the Philly casinos Sugarhouse, or Harrah's. Harrah's I know has a lot of tables but I do not know what kind of minimus or odds they have. Sugarhouse is smaller and may not have as many tables.
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
June 1st, 2012 at 9:20:24 AM permalink
Quote: hook3670

Try one of the Philly casinos Sugarhouse, or Harrah's. Harrah's I know has a lot of tables but I do not know what kind of minimus or odds they have. Sugarhouse is smaller and may not have as many tables.



Thanks but those Philly casinos are about a 3 hour drive each way from Washington DC, I have about 5 hours each day to play. I want to make sure my time driving does not total more than my allotted time to play. May be coincidence but I tend to roll the dice better when I don't drive too far. Mental/Physical Fatigue?

I'll go to Harrington & Dover at least once. Maybe....Charles Town real early in the morning on another day....hard to turn down an hour drive to a Casino even though it sucks! I do like the Serve yourself Fountain Drinks @ Charles Town.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
hook3670
hook3670
Joined: May 17, 2011
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 436
June 1st, 2012 at 9:27:48 AM permalink
I guess it depends where in DC. I live in Baltimore and the Philly casinos are about 1:15 depending on traffic of course.
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
June 1st, 2012 at 9:30:27 AM permalink
I am actually staying at the National Harbor, MD. Figured most non-locals to the Metro-DC area wouldn't know what that is so I used DC to be more general.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!

  • Jump to: