Chubbyhubby
Chubbyhubby
  • Threads: 8
March 24th, 2012 at 5:14:55 PM permalink
What is the win rate per 100 hands if the player does not count, and bets level in a standard 6 deck, dealer stands on soft 17 game? Also, does anyone know the standard deviation figure?
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
March 24th, 2012 at 6:03:37 PM permalink
Player wins around 42 to 43% of all hands playing basic strategy
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 24th, 2012 at 8:23:43 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Player wins around 42 to 43% of all hands playing basic strategy

Plus or Minus 42 to 43%
Chubbyhubby
Chubbyhubby
  • Threads: 8
March 24th, 2012 at 8:27:07 PM permalink
How can I translate that into a figure that works with this formula?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 24th, 2012 at 8:30:29 PM permalink
That formula is looking at the number of bets per hundred bets that the player is making.

Blackjack loses between 2 and quarter of a bet per 100 hands (the EV) depending on the the rules and skill level.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
March 25th, 2012 at 10:32:50 AM permalink
removed
silly
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
guido111
guido111
  • Threads: 10
March 25th, 2012 at 2:29:55 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

The problem with that calculator and the others at that site is it assumes you know how to use it. And most do not.
(added: I corrected my math errors and find these calculators accurate to about 2% of others.)

Would be nice to see why the results do not match exactly with other calcs that use the Blackjack Attack formulas. Maybe because it uses values per 100.

You need to do a bit more reading and understanding of SCORE and Desirability Index. Some advanced concepts.
It is the reason why those calculators use "per 100" because it is based off of a different formula than just a standard risk of ruin formula.

So for your examples, the number of hands at 100 is too low. It works much better with larger number of hands since that is how the normal distribution works best.

That site is really all about "card counting is the only way to win at BJ"... and something like trying to win by other methods of BJ play is just a waste of time.
So all calculations revolve around those card counting concepts, qfit software results and those formulas at the site.

Enjoy!
guido111
guido111
  • Threads: 10
March 25th, 2012 at 3:08:18 PM permalink
Quote: Chubbyhubby

What is the win rate per 100 hands if the player does not count, and bets level in a standard 6 deck, dealer stands on soft 17 game? Also, does anyone know the standard deviation figure?

Norm (at qfit) has a massive BJ EBook that you may have seen.
I have not looked at it all in a few years and it looks like he has been busy updating it.
American Rules player advantages

One can find the HE for the games.
I have not yet found the standard deviations but I am sure it is somewhere in his book or massive tables of data.

Norm knows his stuff and it is very nice of him to offer, for free, most all his data and BJ knowledge at one site.

The win rate it uses is a different formula that I just can not find at the moment.
The calculators point to another to determine the win rate.
added: the site has many calculators.
Here is an easy one to use from just HE and hands played
Blackjack Outcome Calculator

Enjoy!
  • Jump to: