dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
February 5th, 2012 at 11:42:14 AM permalink
I call this my No Retreat Scheme. Starting with min bets at double deck, then upping one unit on each win and stop at double the starting bet. No regressions. Just keep upping one unit after each win for the double deck sequence and stop at double the starting bet. Then start anew at the start after the next shuffle. Played mostly at $10-$20 range when I started, now playing $15 to $30 range using a $700 session bankroll. Average $80 net win(wins-losses) per session, have played now 45 day sessions with 7 losing day sessions and 38 winning sessions. Net win of $3645. It may take awhile, but do get in the positive most sessions.

Example: First hand after shuffle is $15 bet. Win hand so next bet is $20, lose next hand hand so next bet remains at $20, win a hand so next bet is $25, lose hand so bet remains at $25, win hand so next bet goes to max of $30 and bet stays at $30 until the next shuffle Then start from the beginning after the next shuffle. Nice little part-time income(thusfar) with this one, but better not spend the profits quite yet. Will have a better idea after 100 day sessions are completed.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 7th, 2012 at 1:37:26 PM permalink
Have you tried counting at all? I know the penetration is horrible there in Tunica.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
February 8th, 2012 at 11:18:09 AM permalink
Teddys: Did learn Scoblete's Speed Count which is relatively simple compared to the others, and played several day sessions with it, it did NOT work for me.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 8th, 2012 at 3:25:22 PM permalink
Quote: dwm

Teddys: Did learn Scoblete's Speed Count which is relatively simple compared to the others, and played several day sessions with it, it did NOT work for me.

If "it did NOT work for me" means that you lost over several day sessions with it, then don't dismiss it so quickly. Any card counting system WILL give you an advantage, but only over the long run. With perfect strategy and no card-counting, you are at about a .5% disadvantage (depending on the rules). With counting, you will have anywhere from a .5-2% advantage.

You can see how over the short run, it's almost indistinguishable.

If you're serious about counting cards, learn the math, stick to a system, and keep detailed records. If you're competent, you will show a profit in the long run. But in the long run, avoiding heat is much more important than the technical skills involved in counting.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
February 8th, 2012 at 3:57:02 PM permalink
" With counting, you will have anywhere from a .5-2% advantage.
"
Upper limit is more like 1.5? Oh sure, you can reach 2% with very liberal rules and end play on SD. Try and find that game anywhere ! LOL
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 8th, 2012 at 4:42:45 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

" With counting, you will have anywhere from a .5-2% advantage.
"
Upper limit is more like 1.5? Oh sure, you can reach 2% with very liberal rules and end play on SD. Try and find that game anywhere ! LOL

Sure, you're probably right. Despite reading about 10 books on counting over the past 6 months, I don't recall exactly the top end theoretical advantage. If you're aggressively wonging in and out, I feel like 2% is achievable. But I don't have any source to back that up.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 8th, 2012 at 6:43:53 PM permalink
Wonging in and out sure dilutes the average per hours winnings. But to each his own.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 8th, 2012 at 7:01:12 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 8th, 2012 at 8:39:06 PM permalink
Of course it is. Nobody determines his edge on one hand. GEEEE. But the overall is 1.5% with absolute perfect counting, adjusting matrix for hitting, standing, etc, for the count index, a spread of 8 to 1. And proper insurance betting , which will account for 30% of your winnings.
  • Jump to: