Bhaunter
Bhaunter
  • Threads: 2
November 6th, 2011 at 2:26:31 AM permalink
What would be the house edge if you would play basic strategy, but without doubling or splitting?

(The reason that I'm asking is that it's often possible to clear a bonus by betting both your deposit and bonus straight away. You then however don't have money to double or split anymore. Nevertheless, if the house edge on basic strategy without doubling or splitting is still lower than the granted bonus, you should have an advantage to the house, right?)
dealerwins
dealerwins
November 6th, 2011 at 6:42:45 AM permalink
You know if you do that you will be dealt AA or 11 v a 6 and be sick you cant split/double
Bhaunter
Bhaunter
November 6th, 2011 at 7:00:38 AM permalink
True, but in the end the +EV as a result of clearing a bonus on each hand will surely make me feel much better :)

Any idea on what the statistic house edge will be when playing basic strategy without splitting/doubling (single deck game, dealer stands on soft 17), anyone?
Jufo81
Jufo81
  • Threads: 6
November 6th, 2011 at 7:20:37 AM permalink
Quote: Bhaunter

True, but in the end the +EV as a result of clearing a bonus on each hand will surely make me feel much better :)

Any idea on what the statistic house edge will be when playing basic strategy without splitting/doubling (single deck game, dealer stands on soft 17), anyone?

For infinite decks it's 2.05%. For single deck slightly more, less than 3% anyways.
Bhaunter
Bhaunter
November 6th, 2011 at 7:55:03 AM permalink
Great, thanks!!
  • Jump to: