PlayHunter
PlayHunter
  • Threads: 67
October 16th, 2011 at 9:34:34 AM permalink
Please anyone can tell me what is the percentage to win any given hand with a doubling down ? (assume an infinite deck) (I need to know this percentage before to place my bet)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
October 16th, 2011 at 9:45:51 AM permalink
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bjtourn-doublechart.php
Its for 6 decks s17 after peek.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
PlayHunter
PlayHunter
October 16th, 2011 at 10:48:02 AM permalink
Thanaks miplet, yes it is close for what I need (tournament style - head to head game) but is not exactly what I am looking for.

Because I need to know this percentage before any cards are dealt. - So finding this info will let me know if I am better by doing only the minimum bet when I am leading with more than a max bet (for example I have 3101 chips and my opponent only 2000 chips where the maximum bet is 1000) - see, from my example if I am trying to avoid a full swing which happens about 12% of the time, then I can not cover my opponent doubling down. So, I need to know the percentage on him winning with doubling down on whatever cards he gets before placing my bets, so before being able to see any cards.
DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
October 16th, 2011 at 1:57:41 PM permalink
have you read Wongs book, on tournaments or Ken Einiger. Both available on Amazon for a modest price- good luck !!
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
PlayHunter
PlayHunter
October 16th, 2011 at 3:20:50 PM permalink
Hi DonPedro. The answer to your question is yes, and more than that, I can tell you that I have learned from those that I am better with betting 900 in my above example (covering the low and high, and only letting the door open to full swing which is 12% - but this one is not exactly that case since I can still lose if I push and my opponent wins with his double down, so I assume this should be somwhere in the range of 14-14,5%). But there nobody told me the percentages, and my question was for someone who tell tell me what the percentage is exactly ? (I can only assume that is under 12%, ok and I agree, but I want to know exactly that number)
  • Jump to: