ponyboy
ponyboy
  • Threads: 21
May 5th, 2011 at 8:30:47 PM permalink
i am thinking on making a side bet for my table that pays if you get a three card suited run of anykind that is not a bust.

what are the odds of getting a 3 card NON BUSTED suited run? and how much should it pay?

NOT based on how many players there are. but the odds of that happening period.

also what are the odds that you will recieve 3 cards in a row that are the same suit?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 5th, 2011 at 9:17:46 PM permalink
Quote: ponyboy

i am thinking on making a side bet for my table that pays if you get a three card suited run of anykind that is not a bust.

what are the odds of getting a 3 card NON BUSTED suited run? and how much should it pay?

also what are the odds that you will recieve 3 cards in a row that are the same suit?

The odds are higher with more decks. How many decks are in the shoe for your theoretical game?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
ponyboy
ponyboy
May 6th, 2011 at 7:40:26 AM permalink
i offer single deck and 6 deck shoe. what are the odds for each? and what should they pay to be 100% fair, and what should they pay to be like roulette where they always pay one short ect?

also what would be the odds for each, of getting three of the same suit in any way, non runs?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 6th, 2011 at 7:50:50 AM permalink
For 1 deck (first hand only):

3 in a row (any order, ace both high and low): 0.002172 (about 1 in 460)
3 of one suit: .0496 (about 1 in 20)

I used the Wiz's tables for 3 card poker to get those values. On the first hand after a shuffle, the single deck values for your game will be the same.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
May 6th, 2011 at 4:43:07 PM permalink
Quote: ponyboy

I personally don't like side bets that require a change in basic strategy. You could use the dealers upcard as the third card and the players won't have to change how they play their hand. I put a spreadsheet in google docs so you can see what payouts you can offer. Any questions, just ask.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
ponyboy
ponyboy
June 5th, 2011 at 4:06:31 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

I personally don't like side bets that require a change in basic strategy. You could use the dealers upcard as the third card and the players won't have to change how they play their hand. I put a spreadsheet in google docs so you can see what payouts you can offer. Any questions, just ask.

i love them! makes people lose more! XD
NandB
NandB
  • Threads: 8
June 23rd, 2011 at 1:10:35 AM permalink
Yeah, the Ties pay 10:1 Rule at Ceaser's Palace in the late 80's or was it 90's? Caused quite a stir, and a significant Strat Change. I think the Wiz actually published the Strategy.

N&B
To err is human. To air is Jordan. To arrr is pirate.
  • Jump to: