heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
September 11th, 2020 at 4:31:15 PM permalink
Can anyone come up with a sequence of cards (standard 52 card deck) that is completely zero-sum, but follows the rules of blackjack

maybe i actually have no clue about what zero-sum means but to me its something like this

P : 97
D: T6

obv we would not be able to see the dealers hole card but for this exercise we can say the 6 is showing and were dealing with a lunatic who will hit that 16 against a 6

the rest of the sequence in the shoe looks like this

Shoe : 55xxxxxxxxxx (we dont care about whats after 55 yet)

is my understanding of zero-sum incorrect?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
heatmap
September 11th, 2020 at 5:48:23 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Can anyone come up with a sequence of cards (standard 52 card deck) that is completely zero-sum, but follows the rules of blackjack

maybe i actually have no clue about what zero-sum means but to me its something like this

P : 97
D: T6

obv we would not be able to see the dealers hole card but for this exercise we can say the 6 is showing and were dealing with a lunatic who will hit that 16 against a 6

the rest of the sequence in the shoe looks like this

Shoe : 55xxxxxxxxxx (we dont care about whats after 55 yet)

is my understanding of zero-sum incorrect?

Easy, and the player can behave optimally...but will mostly do so by standing.

Dealer: A234 Player: 569 x4

Dealer: 10/7 Player: 10/7 x2

Dealer: J/8 Player: J/8 x2

Dealer QQ Player QQ

Dealer KK Player KK

Every hand is a push, with six pushing twenty, two on seventeen and two on eighteen.

The player only hits against the Dealer Ace, which is the correct decision. Even if the decision is to double, the result would still be a push.

I guess double since it’s single deck. Of course, you could use as many decks as you want and just repeat this series.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
  • Jump to: