yeto
yeto
Joined: Sep 2, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 5
September 8th, 2019 at 7:51:06 AM permalink
Correct me if I am wrong but online (not live) blackjack is just a slow way to lose all your money. There is no skill involved like with card counting in a live blackjack game. I guess you will get some entertainment valve out of playing online BJ but you will eventually lose your money. Is there any version of online blackjack (not live) that some skill is involved?

Kind regards,
yeto
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6703
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
September 8th, 2019 at 7:59:48 AM permalink
Quote: yeto

Correct me if I am wrong but online (not live) blackjack is just a slow way to lose all your money. There is no skill involved like with card counting in a live blackjack game. I guess you will get some entertainment valve out of playing online BJ but you will eventually lose your money. Is there any version of online blackjack (not live) that some skill is involved?

Kind regards,
yeto



Welcome. Some would argue playing proper basic strategy and thus limiting the house edge as much as possible is a 'skill'.
The AP's on this forum would say that there are certain bonuses that can occasionally be exploited to give you an advantage; I'll leave it up to you to decide if that is a 'skill'.
Same thing for occasional loss rebate opportunities. And a few other similar things....

But remember, conceptually, ALL online casinos exist for the EXACT purpose you describe, for you to eventually lose your money.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14374
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
September 8th, 2019 at 8:22:55 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

But remember, conceptually, ALL online casinos exist for the EXACT purpose you describe, for you to eventually lose your money.

I would say that ll brick and mortar casinos have pretty much the same goals as well.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4328
September 8th, 2019 at 9:27:20 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Welcome. Some would argue playing proper basic strategy and thus limiting the house edge as much as possible is a 'skill'.
The AP's on this forum would say that there are certain bonuses that can occasionally be exploited to give you an advantage; I'll leave it up to you to decide if that is a 'skill'.
Same thing for occasional loss rebate opportunities. And a few other similar things....

^THIS ^^^

And welcome to the forum.

You need to apply the skill to minimize your actual effective house edge to its nominal value. E.g. you won't just stand every hand. That of itself can be an amusing and cheap entertainment.
Also, some opportunities do exist to exploit marketing errors and that forms part of the 'game of skill'
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
yeto
yeto
Joined: Sep 2, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 5
September 8th, 2019 at 10:28:20 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

The AP's on this forum would say that there are certain bonuses that can occasionally be exploited to give you an advantage; Same thing for occasional loss rebate opportunities. And a few other similar things....



Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply.

Where can I find more information related to the bonuses, loss rebate opportunities and other similar things you are referencing?

yeto
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4328
September 8th, 2019 at 11:12:36 AM permalink
Quote: yeto

Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply.

Where can I find more information related to the bonuses, loss rebate opportunities and other similar things you are referencing?

yeto

Hi Yeto,
Many online casino bonuses have onerous wagering requirements that make them worthless. E.g a casino might offer a 100% match bonus but in the small print tell you you have to wager the bonus amount 60 times before you can withdraw even 1 cent. Then they tell you that blackjack only contributes at 5% or even 0%.... So, the offer has little or no value on average.
BUT, I have encountered more than one casino that forgets to implement that 5% or 0% rate on some games and so the bonus was generous enough to give me an advantage. However, when an advantage like that is found, it tends to be kept a guarded secret, for obvious reasons.
What I'm saying is that you must do your own research and some extensive experimentation. Sorry.
First, I guess find online casinos with good reputations and acceptable bonus terms. For that, maybe start out at https://lcb.org/ :A site with the same owner as this one.
It is worth some effort :o)
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
yeto
yeto
Joined: Sep 2, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 5
September 8th, 2019 at 5:04:14 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Hi Yeto,
Many online casino bonuses have onerous wagering requirements that make them worthless. E.g a casino might offer a 100% match bonus but in the small print tell you you have to wager the bonus amount 60 times before you can withdraw even 1 cent. Then they tell you that blackjack only contributes at 5% or even 0%.... So, the offer has little or no value on average.
BUT, I have encountered more than one casino that forgets to implement that 5% or 0% rate on some games and so the bonus was generous enough to give me an advantage. However, when an advantage like that is found, it tends to be kept a guarded secret, for obvious reasons.
What I'm saying is that you must do your own research and some extensive experimentation. Sorry.
First, I guess find online casinos with good reputations and acceptable bonus terms. For that, maybe start out at / :A site with the same owner as this one.
It is worth some effort :o)



Thank you. Thank you. You have given me some worthwhile homework.

Kind regards,
yeto
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 1402
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
September 8th, 2019 at 5:20:03 PM permalink
Quote: yeto

Correct me if I am wrong but online (not live) blackjack is just a slow way to lose all your money. There is no skill involved like with card counting in a live blackjack game. I guess you will get some entertainment valve out of playing online BJ but you will eventually lose your money. Is there any version of online blackjack (not live) that some skill is involved?

Kind regards,
yeto



All blackjack is a way to lose your money. Online blackjack is essentially the same as CSM blackjack. Every hand is essentially new.

Considering most people do not count, and continuous shuffling is actually better for non-counters, I don't see the issue with either.

Like you said, online Live would probably be your best bet. I don't know of any normal online casinos that simulate a shoe being penetrated.

All casino gambling is a slow way to lose your money (some slower than others)....
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 720
September 8th, 2019 at 6:30:15 PM permalink
Quote: yeto

Correct me if I am wrong but online (not live) blackjack is just a slow way to lose all your money. There is no skill involved like with card counting in a live blackjack game. I guess you will get some entertainment valve out of playing online BJ but you will eventually lose your money. Is there any version of online blackjack (not live) that some skill is involved?

Kind regards,
yeto



Why not be in a real casino. It is way more enjoyable whether you win or lose.
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
yeto
yeto
Joined: Sep 2, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 5
September 9th, 2019 at 5:12:32 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Why not be in a real casino. It is way more enjoyable whether you win or lose.



The nearest casino to me is a 4 hour drive unfortunately.

  • Jump to: