Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
May 1st, 2018 at 10:34:32 AM permalink
I believe this one is a Morongo exclusive right now, as it was developed by their staff, but it's a 6-deck 6:5 game with standard rules (I believe; RSA, DAS, no surrender, DA2, split to 4) with one twist in the player's favor-- two of the Ace of Spades are replaced with AoS-Roosters which give an instant payout of table minimum, and the hand proceeds as per usual. I have no idea what happens if you catch both Roosters in one hand.

Yes, it's actually table minimum, not player's bet, so they're actively discouraging people from playing more than 15 on that table. Still, if you're going to play a 6:5, you could do worse.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
May 1st, 2018 at 12:23:11 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

I believe this one is a Morongo exclusive right now, as it was developed by their staff, but it's a 6-deck 6:5 game with standard rules (I believe; RSA, DAS, no surrender, DA2, split to 4) with one twist in the player's favor-- two of the Ace of Spades are replaced with AoS-Roosters which give an instant payout of table minimum, and the hand proceeds as per usual. I have no idea what happens if you catch both Roosters in one hand.

Yes, it's actually table minimum, not player's bet, so they're actively discouraging people from playing more than 15 on that table. Still, if you're going to play a 6:5, you could do worse.

Is this only if you get dealt a rooster as one of your starting 2 cards, or do you also get the payout if you take a hit and the rooster comes ?
Venthus
Venthus
May 1st, 2018 at 12:53:13 PM permalink
I believe you have to receive it on your first two cards.

It's been a while; I actually forgot about the game entirely (and my lack of mention) until somebody asked about what a Monkey was, in another baccarat thread.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 1st, 2018 at 1:48:30 PM permalink
So let's see: chance of getting one (or more) rooster Aces in your first 2 cards would be approximately 1.28%. If you are betting table minimum, that means you have a bonus EV =1.0 on 1.28% of the hands.

If the hand proceeds as usual then the payout of table minimum almost exactly offsets the effect of getting only a 6:5 payout on BJ -if you bet the table minimum.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Venthus
Venthus
May 1st, 2018 at 2:18:12 PM permalink
It's also the world's easiest game to back-count, if that's your thing. (Unfortunately, in practical terms, this table is usually packed since it's the endcap facing the main/valet doors and it has a fairly low limit. I haven't seen them open the other Rooster tables in a while, that I've noticed.)
  • Jump to: