Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
October 2nd, 2010 at 7:10:24 AM permalink
Wizard,

I've been using the simulator to learn the charts, so that I can play proper strategy at the table and have it be second nature. I've started by using the simple strategy chart, the one about halfway down the page at the "blackjack" tab on the WoO site. but I find the simulator is often giving me advice that runs counter to the strategy, and it is happening often enough that I need to ask: Does the simulator also count the deck and make strategy advice based on the count, or are there a large number of decisions that are close enough to go either way, with the odds slightly favoring the more complicated strategy but not by enough to offset the added complexity?

I'm just doing the simple strategy, but if the advice is based not on counting but on a more complicated strategy, then I'll learn the more complicated strategy, since it's just a decision tree.
A falling knife has no handle.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
October 2nd, 2010 at 7:52:28 AM permalink
The blackjack game gives advice based on complete basic strategy. The simple strategy you are using is not always right. Please use one of my basic strategy calculator to get the correct strategy. Be sure the rules of the calculator and game match, or you will continue to get corrections by the game.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
October 2nd, 2010 at 9:00:16 AM permalink
I believe the blackjack trainer uses the Wizard's basic strategy not the simple one.

Take a look at the blackjack section of the wizardofodds.com site, and just underneath the simple strategy section are links to the basic ones and a calculator too. I believe the game advice follows the appropriate strategy given the number of decks and rules.

I play blackjack, but I always just print out a small sheet with the basic strategy and use that at the tables. At the Wynn, I was asked that I not keep it on the table, but they were fine with me using it. The Bellagio said feel free to keep it on the table.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
October 2nd, 2010 at 9:53:38 AM permalink
Thanks. I'm working on making all the plays properly, so that I can keep the table rhythm going. A huge number of them are obvious, all I have to remember are the "edge" plays, the oddballs. Once I get the matrix in "mindspace" I'll be OK.
A falling knife has no handle.
  • Jump to: