Confessor
Confessor
  • Threads: 2
July 8th, 2017 at 2:19:07 AM permalink
Hi Wizard, I have a request and suggestion about the current blackjack calculator.

hxxps://wizardofodds.c0m/games/blackjack/hand-calculator/ (sub x for t and 0 for o obviously)

It's amazing! I've actually been looking for it for a while and it has been extremely useful to my blackjack knowledge.

However there's one feature I'd like to request

Currently, the calculator asks you for how many of each card remains in a shoe. This seems very unnatural and awkward, because in vast majority of the cases we either keep track or have easy access to the cards that CAME OUT, not the cards that REMAIN in the shoe. For us to enter the data of the cards that remain, it takes us quite a unnecessary time consuming step to subtract the cards that came out from the card total, which we will have to also calculate.

For example, let's say it's single deck and you're card counting. So far 2 face cards, a 5, a 8 have came out. Ideally you should just be able to input "2x 10, 1x5, 1x8" into the calculator. But instead, it wants you to input 4x 2, 4x 3, 4x4 , 3x5 , 4x6, 4x7, 3x8, 4x9, 14x10, 4xA. You can clearly see how that's quite unnatural and inconvenient.

I hope this feature change is doable and easy, if you would like to take it on.

Thanks!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 8th, 2017 at 7:12:16 AM permalink
That would make a nice feature if you could enter it either way. Either cards remaining or cards played.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: