GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 89
February 13th, 2018 at 2:50:56 AM permalink
Quote: RS

You trynna get me suspended. :(

BTW I was attacking the currency, not your nationality.

Lmao I wasn't sure either. I was thinking maybe I should stop saying negative things about canada. However I really do hate the $2 coin.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 20
February 13th, 2018 at 4:46:53 AM permalink
Na Nathan, I would just laughed my ass off that I got my friend suspended.

GWAE you better watch yourself! I know where you live! Haha jk or am I? Was that a threat? Mods Iím not sure? Anyone? Iím probably just kidding but I maybe wouldnít drink your Pepsi this morning, who knows what might be in it? 🤣
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 261
February 13th, 2018 at 5:30:20 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Know a kid (20's) who was a bartender at outdoor place that had a band Friday and Saturday nights. Place packed. He said he made as much as $800 in tips a night. Just seems too much. But I can't imagine buying that $5 beer and not leaving $1.

What do you tip when you buy a $3 beer in a shot-an-beer bar with a middle aged bartender whose knees and feet are giving out from being on the slats so long and doesn't even dream of 800 a night?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
February 13th, 2018 at 8:30:24 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

What do you tip when you buy a $3 beer in a shot-an-beer bar with a middle aged bartender whose knees and feet are giving out from being on the slats so long and doesn't even dream of 800 a night?

$5 at the end of my visit. $10 if I'm a bit of a regular. There is one bartender I regularly leave a $20, but she treats me very well and I'm still hoping she will have my baby someday.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 118
February 13th, 2018 at 9:05:33 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Technically wages aren't income either, and shouldn't be taxed. I gave a piece of my life for a paycheck, and it should belong to me, It's my life right, or is it?[

I remember WJC stating Americans, if all taxes were included were paying north of 80% in tax. I believe the church cut a deal with the pols when writing the Constitution, that the church would exchange all their support for ratification, if it was written in that the church would always be tax exempt. These same controllers have been hand in hand for eternity. Splitting up the tax pie, like the 5 family's of organized crime. It's always about the money. The rich have been able to buy their way out of military service, the same way xtions have been able to buy their way out of purgatory. Same same, the only difference is who's collecting the vig.

That may well be true, but I think that's counting the fact how many times parts of the, "Same dollar," get cycled through the tax system. I believe that it also assumes that the dollar doesn't leave the system for any period in time. The line on it, I believe, is guy makes money, gets taxed, goes to a grocery store, buys stuff, pays sales tax, the remainder of that dollar goes to an employee....etc

I don't know. I'm a Liberal, as you know, so it wouldn't really be consistent for me to complain about taxes.

Again, if the church is a bona fide NPO, I really don't see the problem. In my view, something is either an NPO or it isn't.

Quote:

The Catholic church is bigger than Exxon. Other xtion churches have stock in Lockead and General Dynamics, while we are fighting handfuls of foreign wars. Some god advocate needs to splain that. Hypocrites all, IMO. Either that or legendary double speak.

I don't know what they do or don't have stock in. Although, I wouldn't have a problem with profits by way of direct investments being taxed. I'm just saying tithing, or offering, whatever you want to call it, probably shouldn't be taxed.

Quote:

Dunno, I think the priests get free indulgences? Makes me ill that they are still considered xtion, after getting busted nearly weekly, damaging children. The pope dude just had to give one of his first apology's after bashing victims in Peru.

Individual people do individual things and make individual decisions. I don't know that I would revoke a tax status for an entire category predicated upon what a few individuals have done.

Quote:

The SSI lockbox was looted long ago and put in the general fund. The only place the funds collected by uncle Sam are separated, is in the hearts/ minds of the working class. "Taxes are for the little people" Leona Helmsley. : )

That's why I said, 'Theoretically.'

Quote:

They both come from the same place, Control + print. 46% of every dollar the gov spends now is borrowed. Forty six cents of every dollar the gov spends, is borrowed @ interest. Those that will be saddled with the debt may not have been born yet. Should put an apology in a time capsule. : )

The apology won't be of much use. Nobody will ever read it. Just by domain rights for a website for one-hundred years and upload the apology letter to it, preferably in .pdf format.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Mission146
February 13th, 2018 at 9:15:56 AM permalink

Dislike + assumptions:

Did you read the article? It said they were having a big conference that day. I don't think it's unreasonable for them to have called a day or two later to make Yoder "whole".

There's no mention in the article that the church had noticed the failure to tip on its own, just that after, 'Finding out about it,' they reached out to the restaurant.

Quote:

So you don't have a dislike towards Christians or republicans, yet...this?

If someone stole a car or shot someone or was dealing drugs, found out the guy was black, what would someone think about me if I said, "Yeah, not surprised the guy was black."...etc

If I made one of those comments, do you think I'd have a dislike towards people in that group?

I see your point, but don't forget that I grew up and spent substantial time in my youth as a member of three different churches. I never once knew of any of the higher ups of those churches to tip a penny on anything. Limited sample size, sure, but all three churches were penny pinchers.

In fact, we once went to a conference that required a one night stay, each kid who went to this youth conference paid $100 for the pleasure of going there. They packed ten of us into one hotel room and had six of us hide in the bathroom while they called down for, "As many extra towels and blankets as we can have, please." The room was obviously registered for the maximum of four people, so a clear unashamed violation of the hotel's policy on maximum guests to a room. Plus, we had to pay for all of our own food. Basically paid $100 to sleep on the floor, bus transportation and sharing a blanket/towels with another kid.

So, yes, based on my experience, it doesn't surprise me that a church wouldn't tip. Beyond that, all of the stuff that I've Googled and read that servers have said. I have no evidence to the contrary that would result in my not believing any of it.

Quote:

You're saying you'd probably agree with Axel that she should be fired had it not been a church that was involved? IOW she should not be fired because it was a church? Am I reading this correctly?????

No, she should definitely be fired, regardless. I read the article again and noted that complaining about customers on social media was a violation of the restaurant's policy. That being the case, she clearly violated the restaurant's policy and I'm assuming that particular violation can result in, "Disciplinary action up to, and including, termination."

So, please excuse that line. I believe I corrected that already in a later post, but you might not have saw that.

Quote:

Why's it matter if it's a $50 meal or a $735 meal? If you don't believe they should be tipped for a $50 meal, why do you believe they should be tipped for a $735 meal?

Just save us the BS.

Would a $50 meal not take substantially less time to put together than a $735 meal? Hell, I bet she could have brought out a $50 meal making only one trip to the customer's car.

I also didn't say a $50 meal shouldn't be tipped, I said I could excuse that. My post that you quoted specifically said, "I think they should," so I have no idea where you get your apparent notion that I don't believe $50 should receive a tip.
Mission146
Mission146
February 13th, 2018 at 9:19:08 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Mission I should point out that servers in Canada have to be paid the same minimum wage which is why Iíll never feel bad about a server who makes $11.15/hour getting stiffed.

Also since when are Canadians bad tippers? We have the same tipping standards in Canada as the USA.

I didn't say anything about, 'Canadians,' personally. If they are making $11.15/hour base, then I don't even know that using the word, 'Stiffing,' is appropriate.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 61
February 13th, 2018 at 10:00:15 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

There's no mention in the article that the church had noticed the failure to tip on its own, just that after, 'Finding out about it,' they reached out to the restaurant.

I don't think it's unreasonable for an accounting issue to not be figured out the same night of the expense. Would they have gone through the effort to see the bill was $735 and no tip was added then reach out to the server to tip her? I have no idea, but probably not (who would?), IMO. I can certainly see how someone paying for something on someone else's dime may not know to tip the restaurant, because if I were spending someone else's money, I wouldn't know either. On top of that, if I were using my own money to be owed money later, I would be hesitant to leave a $200 tip if I thought there was a chance I wouldn't get reimbursed for the tip.

I see your point, but don't forget that I grew up and spent substantial time in my youth as a member of three different churches. I never once knew of any of the higher ups of those churches to tip a penny on anything. Limited sample size, sure, but all three churches were penny pinchers.

Sure, but if I grew up in Compton with a bunch of gang bangers n whatnot....? It's the same thing. In your youth, were you even in situations where you'd be aware of the higher ups not tipping? That seems almost made up, TBH.

In fact, we once went to a conference that required a one night stay, each kid who went to this youth conference paid $100 for the pleasure of going there. They packed ten of us into one hotel room and had six of us hide in the bathroom while they called down for, "As many extra towels and blankets as we can have, please." The room was obviously registered for the maximum of four people, so a clear unashamed violation of the hotel's policy on maximum guests to a room. Plus, we had to pay for all of our own food. Basically paid $100 to sleep on the floor, bus transportation and sharing a blanket/towels with another kid.

This isn't as uncommon as you probably think. I've been in that situation plenty of times, although I don't think we got quite to 10/room.

So, yes, based on my experience, it doesn't surprise me that a church wouldn't tip. Beyond that, all of the stuff that I've Googled and read that servers have said. I have no evidence to the contrary that would result in my not believing any of it.

And according to "my" experience, black people are just gang bangers and Jewish people are stingy with their money (google that one, probably can't get past "Je" before autofill kicks in). That doesn't make it right. Nor does it mean there isn't hypocrisy in thinking just because I have experience with a group of people in one regard, I can say X about them, but when it comes about Y people, even if I have experience, I can't say something about them.

No I don't think black people are just gang bangers nor Jewish people are all stingy with their money. I'm saying if I had the experience of growing up with those people, which many people have.

Would a $50 meal not take substantially less time to put together than a $735 meal? Hell, I bet she could have brought out a $50 meal making only one trip to the customer's car.

A $50 meal takes substantially less time and would also receive a substantially smaller tip. If you don't believe she should be tipped $10 for 1 trip to the car, why should she be tipped $140 for 14 trips to the car?
# Свободный Натан
Mission146
Mission146
February 13th, 2018 at 10:19:14 AM permalink

I don't think it's unreasonable for an accounting issue to not be figured out the same night of the expense. Would they have gone through the effort to see the bill was $735 and no tip was added then reach out to the server to tip her? I have no idea, but probably not (who would?), IMO. I can certainly see how someone paying for something on someone else's dime may not know to tip the restaurant, because if I were spending someone else's money, I wouldn't know either. On top of that, if I were using my own money to be owed money later, I would be hesitant to leave a $200 tip if I thought there was a chance I wouldn't get reimbursed for the tip.

They certainly knew what the bill was prior to sending the guy, one would surmise. I mean, are you going to call and place a rather large order somewhere and let the total be whatever it will be? I'm also suggesting that the church would send the guy with the church's money and tipping instructions, though I'll admit that the guy could theoretically have that much in cash on him already.

I don't know when I said anything about a $200 tip. 27.2%? Seems a little excessive for carry-out, even for such a huge order.

Quote:

Sure, but if I grew up in Compton with a bunch of gang bangers n whatnot....? It's the same thing. In your youth, were you even in situations where you'd be aware of the higher ups not tipping? That seems almost made up, TBH.

What do you want from me? Names, dates, locations, what was ordered? I'm talking anywhere from 16-24 years ago, here, so I don't clearly recollect all of that stuff. I know we took a couple cabs during the conference, no tip. I know we had pizza delivered for multiple overnight functions at the actual church, and on one of those occasions, I was specifically asked to go to the door, wait, and get the pizza. I was specifically told to get a receipt and was given the precise amount.

I also went out to eat with the pastor once (I was fifteen) along with a couple of other people because I got selected to do that to help with the planning of an event. The total tab came out to some amount, they paid, took the change off the table and left. I made some excuse about having to go to the bathroom, because even as a fifteen year-old, I was embarrassed to have any involvement...so I left the tip myself.

Quote:

This isn't as uncommon as you probably think. I've been in that situation plenty of times, although I don't think we got quite to 10/room.

I managed a hotel, at one point, so I know it's not uncommon. That doesn't make it any less theft of services. Besides that, what was the $100 for? You don't think they could have put four of us in a room of our own and the $400 between the four of us would cover two hours of bus transportation (the church owned the bus) each way as well as more than cover the room cost? Probably not any specific people, but as an organization, I find it very hard to believe the church didn't come out way ahead ($$$) on the deal.

Quote:

And according to "my" experience, black people are just gang bangers and Jewish people are stingy with their money (google that one, probably can't get past "Je" before autofill kicks in). That doesn't make it right. Nor does it mean there isn't hypocrisy in thinking just because I have experience with a group of people in one regard, I can say X about them, but when it comes about Y people, even if I have experience, I can't say something about them.

No I don't think black people are just gang bangers nor Jewish people are all stingy with their money. I'm saying if I had the experience of growing up with those people, which many people have.

People have experiences and they talk about them. I'm sure there are many churches who do tip when they have some sort of church function out in the secular world. I'm just saying that churches (as a whole) are batting 0/3 in my limited experience. My experiences combined with things that I have heard said, or have read, make the notion of a church not tipping very believable to me. I'm sorry if my experiences offend you.

Quote:

A $50 meal takes substantially less time and would also receive a substantially smaller tip. If you don't believe she should be tipped $10 for 1 trip to the car, why should she be tipped $140 for 14 trips to the car?

1.) I never specified a tip amount.

2.) Are you even reading what I'm writing? Please do. It would be appreciated. I never said that a $50 carry-out order should not receive a tip. I specifically said that a $50 order should also receive a tip. The only thing I said was that I wouldn't, "Take a huge stand," which is to say I wouldn't shout from the rooftops about someone not tipping on a $50 order, church or otherwise.

I think $140 would be way in excess (19%) of what would be acceptable for an order of $735 and take-out. Even though the percentage would suck, I wouldn't throw a fit about a tip as low as $25. I'm just saying to not tip on that kind of order embodies the definition of, "Stiffing."

Although, one thing that makes me curious is the notion that maybe, just maybe the church DID include a tip when they sent the errand boy and the errand boy pocketed it. Were that the case, then it would actually be very forgiving of the church not to throw him under the bus, they'd essentially be covering for him. I guess that's a possibility.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
February 13th, 2018 at 11:06:09 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Mission I should point out that servers in Canada have to be paid the same minimum wage which is why Iíll never feel bad about a server who makes $11.15/hour getting stiffed.

Also since when are Canadians bad tippers? We have the same tipping standards in Canada as the USA.

Snowbirds in FL (and likely AZ) are probably known as bad tippers because they're older, watching their nickels (no pennies in Canada), and tend to be more curmudgeons and sensitive to server issues.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!

• Jump to: