gfkostas
gfkostas
Joined: Dec 11, 2016
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 8
March 8th, 2017 at 3:54:06 PM permalink
Grosvenor UK live casino offers a BJ version whereby dealer checks for BJ but only when dealer shows an ace not when showing a 10 like in USA.

Is the correct strategy to split 8's and aces here when dealer shows 10/Ace? how does this affect the house edge?
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
March 8th, 2017 at 11:01:54 PM permalink
According to the Wizard's Blackjack Strategy Calculator split against the Ace, surrender if possible against 10 otherwise hit. (For 4+ decks.) You can probably find the house edge information on the same site.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 2643
March 8th, 2017 at 11:55:55 PM permalink
Quote: gfkostas

Grosvenor UK live casino offers a BJ version whereby dealer checks for BJ but only when dealer shows an ace not when showing a 10 like in USA.

Is the correct strategy to split 8's and aces here when dealer shows 10/Ace? how does this affect the house edge?



Do you lose both bets or just the original bet in the event of a BJ. Some places take only the original bet.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
OnceDear
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 1955
March 9th, 2017 at 12:54:29 AM permalink
Hi gfcostas,
I'm in the UK too and play at Grosvenor. Just love their Chicken BLT and the fact they have newbie dealers in the early evening that make lots of exploitable mistakes.

Quote: billryan

Do you lose both bets or just the original bet in the event of a BJ. Some places take only the original bet.

Yes Bill, you lose all. Leads to a slightly modified strategy card, Don't double on an Ace versus Dealer 10, Don't split Aces versus Ace: Don't split 8s versus Ace or 10. Card is here https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/strategy/european/
Embrace the Variance Good news: I was once at a lifetime Blackjack Profit of £18K Bad News: Gravity prevailed.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
March 9th, 2017 at 4:05:15 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

... I ... play at Grosvenor ...

I defer to your first hand knowledge, thanks for correcting my advice. I thought the OP was describing a game where "Peak" applied for dealer A and "No Peak" applied for dealer 10. Not so?
gfkostas
gfkostas
Joined: Dec 11, 2016
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 8
Thanks for this post from:
BleedingChipsSlowly
March 9th, 2017 at 8:30:25 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

I defer to your first hand knowledge, thanks for correcting my advice. I thought the OP was describing a game where "Peak" applied for dealer A and "No Peak" applied for dealer 10. Not so?



You are right. On their online live casino that is the case. So I take it you split 8's/Aces against an ace and surrender/hit vs 10.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
March 9th, 2017 at 11:54:32 AM permalink
Yes, but there are more than a dozen hands where the recommended play differs for the game you describe depending on whether an A or 10 shows for the dealer. Check out all the cases using the strategy calculator link in my first response. Be sure to set all the parameters to match what you're playing.
gfkostas
gfkostas
Joined: Dec 11, 2016
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 8
March 9th, 2017 at 6:30:33 PM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

Yes, but there are more than a dozen hands where the recommended play differs for the game you describe depending on whether an A or 10 shows for the dealer. Check out all the cases using the strategy calculator link in my first response. Be sure to set all the parameters to match what you're playing.



There is no option to choose peak on Ace but not on 10.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
March 9th, 2017 at 11:11:50 PM permalink
Quote: gfkostas

There is no option to choose peak on Ace but not on 10.

Use the "Peak" setting strategy when the dealer shows an Ace, use the "No Peak" setting strategy when the dealer shows a 10. The strategy tables are the same for other dealer up cards, so it doesn't matter which you use when the dealer shows neither Ace nor 10.
gfkostas
gfkostas
Joined: Dec 11, 2016
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 8
March 10th, 2017 at 7:43:12 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

Use the "Peak" setting strategy when the dealer shows an Ace, use the "No Peak" setting strategy when the dealer shows a 10. The strategy tables are the same for other dealer up cards, so it doesn't matter which you use when the dealer shows neither Ace nor 10.



Yes but as far as calculating the house edge?

  • Jump to: