westtoaster
westtoaster
  • Threads: 1
April 26th, 2016 at 1:43:58 PM permalink
Are the odds the same for a BJ table when the dealer gets 2 cards to start
compare to the dealer getting just one card ?
In British Columbia Canada, the dealer only received 1 card and gets his second card after all the players makes their hands.

I think that it is a bigger advantage for the house whit the one card compare to the dealer having his second card right away.

curious to see what people think about this and if there is stats to support either ways.

thanks
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
April 26th, 2016 at 1:56:28 PM permalink
Quote: westtoaster

Are the odds the same for a BJ table when the dealer gets 2 cards to start
compare to the dealer getting just one card ?
In British Columbia Canada, the dealer only received 1 card and gets his second card after all the players makes their hands.

I think that it is a bigger advantage for the house whit the one card compare to the dealer having his second card right away.

curious to see what people think about this and if there is stats to support either ways.

thanks

Depends on the full rules. The peeking rule is the bit that makes a difference.

With No Hole Card (NHC) as used in Europe and the UK, there is the possibility that the dealer will end up with Ten and later a hole card of Ace. That would beat all except a natural. But players may have put more at risk by doubling or splitting.
If there is a hole card, and dealer peeks it with a dealer upcard of ten, then the players would never get the chance to waste their money doubling or splitting.
I believe in some rules, if there is no hole card, the players would only lose their original bet ( Australia?) that makes it effectively the same as hole card dealt and peeked.
With no hole card, the dealer cannot accidentally reveal it, which happens in real play and which would be advantageous to an observant player.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
April 27th, 2016 at 8:58:50 AM permalink
As OnceDear mentioned you're referring to what we usually call ENHC (european no hole card). The rules may be different, but if you want to see the math breakdown of what they do to the house edge, just use the Wizards Blackjack House Edge calculator and see the results pending your different rule selections:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/calculator/

Welcome to the forums!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: