vulnerable
vulnerable
  • Threads: 9
January 27th, 2016 at 8:33:12 AM permalink
I found this information on this Wizard's page.
For the no hole card section, any chance to have information of which only original bet is lost if dealer blackjack?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 27th, 2016 at 11:48:56 AM permalink
Quote: vulnerable

I found this information on this Wizard's page.
For the no hole card section, any chance to have information of which only original bet is lost if dealer blackjack?

The game hold/HE would be higher (and is, where they do it) if people doubled/split and then lost all of it when the dealer BJ'd. The base game is calculated (these days, anyway) with the dealer checking for and exposing any BJ's before players act, which in the US is standard. Only original bet lost effectively does the same thing when the dealer's hole card is dealt after players have acted. If you're playing ENHC and they're taking your double/split bets when they do BJ, I'd suggest you find a different game.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
January 27th, 2016 at 12:47:29 PM permalink
Sadly some of us only have ENHC as an option.

As to the OP the easiest way to think about it (say against a 10) is the dealer has 1/13th (change for finite decks) chance of a BJ. Thus take any figure for a peek game and multiply by a factor of 12/13. Use similar logic for an Ace where the chance of a BJ is 4/13.

The important thing is the change in strategy, i.e. not doubling 11, nor splitting 8s and only splitting A's vs 10.
  • Jump to: