DapperDanMan
DapperDanMan
  • Threads: 6
November 3rd, 2015 at 6:41:57 AM permalink
Wagerworks HSB works with the following rules: dealer stands on all 17s, 8 decks shuffled every game, you can hit on split Aces, player 6 card charlie beats everything except BJ.

The sidebet works like this: non-split hands either WIN, LOSE OR PUSH
Split hands WIN or LOSE if BOTH hands win or lose. If either hand pushes, then it is a PUSH regardless of the other.

You have to place a normal bet, but it can be very small compared to the sidebet, so I will ignore it for this calculation and assume strategy with sidebet only in mind. To make the bet break even you need approximately 48.1% WINS to 51.9% LOSSES or better. The fact you can split bad hands at no penalty to increase your chance of reaching at least a push and you won't take doubles that decrease win% should bump up the win% up from that in Basic strategy. Anybody able to work out under these conditions what my WIN% would be assuming that's all I focus on?
DapperDanMan
DapperDanMan
  • Threads: 6
November 5th, 2015 at 1:26:12 AM permalink
One bump, as I'm sure there are some BJ statistisians here and I'm really curious how high the win percentage can go.

For example, in this game I would always split 7s, 6s, 3s and 2s; split 4s against a 9 ten or A and split 9s against everything except 7. Would those be the right moves?
  • Jump to: