avenged43
avenged43
Joined: Oct 27, 2014
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 86
August 18th, 2015 at 2:03:06 AM permalink
Doing a road trip around the Atlantic city NJ area and Dover Downs and Maryland live, seeing if anyone has recently been there and can send me some lucrative tables / casinos. As an advantage player want to make the most of my time! Please post or pm with any info that you would think to be helpful. I have always been a back counter and a full time card counter using half kelly but the friend I am going with is a perfect basic strategy friend who isn't an AP but has a practically endless amount of money. The whole trip is paid for by the other person and I was offered a cut of all winnings so just looking to make this a nice week for me. I am fine with being backed off and with cover play either way if anyone has any details on tables in the area please help me out!

Thanks in advance everyone!
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
August 18th, 2015 at 3:11:20 AM permalink
Atlantic City has no surrender. Main floors are 8 deck, H17, with pen around 70%. High limits are 6 deck, still H17, still no surrender. S17 can be found at some of the main floor games at Taj, Resorts, Borg etc for $25 minimums, less at off hours. You cannot be backed off in AC but they do shuffle ups, bet restrictions and the like. I wouldn't bother with cover play for one trip.

Can you expand your trip to Pennsylvania or Connecticut? Better games can be found there.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 6854
August 18th, 2015 at 5:19:37 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Atlantic City has no surrender. Main floors are 8 deck, H17, with pen around 70%. High limits are 6 deck, still H17, still no surrender. S17 can be found at some of the main floor games at Taj, Resorts, Borg etc for $25 minimums, less at off hours. You cannot be backed off in AC but they do shuffle ups, bet restrictions and the like. I wouldn't bother with cover play for one trip.

Can you expand your trip to Pennsylvania or Connecticut? Better games can be found there.



Doesn't the GN still offer surrender in the high-limit room?

Maryland's rules are similar to PA's, so Maryland Live!'s rules are relatively similar to PA's. Also, the typical drive from AC to Dover would go within a few miles of Harrah's Philadelphia. Just need to cross into PA and take 95 instead of 295.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
August 18th, 2015 at 5:24:07 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Doesn't the GN still offer surrender in the high-limit room?

Maryland's rules are similar to PA's, so Maryland Live!'s rules are relatively similar to PA's. Also, the typical drive from AC to Dover would go within a few miles of Harrah's Philadelphia. Just need to cross into PA and take 95 instead of 295.



Yes, it's upon request and all other players at the table must agree. What could go wrong there? :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
Joined: Mar 3, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 718
August 18th, 2015 at 7:37:05 AM permalink
Our responders are all talking about blackjack. Is that the correct assumption?
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
August 18th, 2015 at 8:19:30 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Our responders are all talking about blackjack. Is that the correct assumption?



Yes sir.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
avenged43
avenged43
Joined: Oct 27, 2014
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 86
August 18th, 2015 at 10:43:04 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Atlantic City has no surrender. Main floors are 8 deck, H17, with pen around 70%. High limits are 6 deck, still H17, still no surrender. S17 can be found at some of the main floor games at Taj, Resorts, Borg etc for $25 minimums, less at off hours. You cannot be backed off in AC but they do shuffle ups, bet restrictions and the like. I wouldn't bother with cover play for one trip.

Can you expand your trip to Pennsylvania or Connecticut? Better games can be found there.



I go to PA every year for snowboarding and never went out of my way to stop at a casino (it doesn't snow here so I try to spend every second I can up there snowboarding) but previous years I was an AP on the side and now it is full time so tables in PA could really help me out for this upcoming snow season. All the help so far has been appreciated from everyone. So you don't think cover play would be good ? If it was like a 21 year old white male with a 90 year old black female you don't think signaling at high counts and her playing big hands of a few hundred a hand would help? :]
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
August 18th, 2015 at 10:47:15 AM permalink
Quote: avenged43

I go to PA every year for snowboarding and never went out of my way to stop at a casino (it doesn't snow here so I try to spend every second I can up there snowboarding) but previous years I was an AP on the side and now it is full time so tables in PA could really help me out for this upcoming snow season. All the help so far has been appreciated from everyone. So you don't think cover play would be good ? If it was like a 21 year old white male with a 90 year old black female you don't think signaling at high counts and her playing big hands of a few hundred a hand would help? :]



What's your minimum bet and what's your spread?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
avenged43
avenged43
Joined: Oct 27, 2014
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 86
August 18th, 2015 at 9:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

What's your minimum bet and what's your spread?



I personally run a 25k bankroll at full kelly running tc 1+

ADV 1 hand 2 hands 3 hands
0.50% $90.58 $67.20 $53.42
1% $181.16 $134.41 $106.84
1.50% $271.74 $201.61 $160.26
2% $362.32 $268.82 $213.68
2.50% $452.90 $336.02 $267.09
3% $543.48 $403.23 $320.51

rounded down for reassurance

but once again I am not running my 25k bankroll or playing my money at all, I am playing their bankroll. Which is a well over 100k. I was thinking if I signal with counts it would work better if I run table min and they jump in at tc 2+ with hands of $500+

  • Jump to: