jayjasonjay
jayjasonjay
  • Threads: 2
May 8th, 2015 at 12:14:42 PM permalink
I would like to know what counting system would be best for a single deck game. cards are dealt face down. (Or a link to a thread that discusses this. i searched but didnt see anything). Im guessing a hi low count but its hard because depending on how many players are at the table, the deck is shuffled every 1-3 hands.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 8th, 2015 at 12:56:24 PM permalink
It's not "hard." It's just a whole lot of $5 bets waiting until the right opportunity to bet big. And then you still have a high chance of losing those big bets
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 8th, 2015 at 1:13:12 PM permalink
Quote: jayjasonjay

I would like to know what counting system would be best for a single deck game. cards are dealt face down. (Or a link to a thread that discusses this. i searched but didnt see anything). Im guessing a hi low count but its hard because depending on how many players are at the table, the deck is shuffled every 1-3 hands.

You can use Hi-Lo but I think a level one count is too weak for pitch games. Is that what you exclusively play? Remember the oft said comment that the best count is the one you can handle without mistakes.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
jayjasonjay
jayjasonjay
May 8th, 2015 at 1:42:02 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

You can use Hi-Lo but I think a level one count is too weak for pitch games. Is that what you exclusively play? Remember the oft said comment that the best count is the one you can handle without mistakes.

Right now thats what i play exclusively because thats the closest game to me. So if the hi low is weak for pitch games what system would you suggest i learn? im just starting out and havent delved into learning any other one yet
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 8th, 2015 at 2:04:09 PM permalink
Quote: jayjasonjay

Right now thats what i play exclusively because thats the closest game to me. So if the hi low is weak for pitch games what system would you suggest i learn? im just starting out and havent delved into learning any other one yet

There is one level 1 count that you could try to start with and that's Hi-Opt I with an ace side count. You could someday graduate to Hi-Opt II. Another would be Zen. It can be used successfully for both pitch and shoe games. No need to have two counts if you switch back and forth, which is bound to happen. Ease in to it and remember what I said about the best count for you.

Qfit.com compares 23 different counts on it's web site. Check it out under card counting strategies. Best of luck.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
jayjasonjay
jayjasonjay
May 8th, 2015 at 2:18:21 PM permalink
Thank you sir
jayjasonjay
jayjasonjay
May 8th, 2015 at 2:30:56 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

There is one level 1 count that you could try to start with and that's Hi-Opt I with an ace side count. You could someday graduate to Hi-Opt II. Another would be Zen. It can be used successfully for both pitch and shoe games. No need to have two counts if you switch back and forth, which is bound to happen. Ease in to it and remember what I said about the best count for you.

Qfit.com compares 23 different counts on it's web site. Check it out under card counting strategies. Best of luck.

Can you tell me if i should use the I18 strategies if im using hi-opt II and zen? or is the I18 only for hi-low?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 8th, 2015 at 2:44:47 PM permalink
As far as I know....

Illustrious 18 was designed (or calculated) to be the top/best 18 indices for EV. All counts are different regarding indices in the fact they count cards differently (the card's weight). Their correlation for each index play differs. For example, a count that employs an ace side count will have much more correlation on hands like doubling 10vT. HiLo would have worse correlation for this play, since it weights 10s and A's the same (-1).

However, I don't think the illustrious-18 would change (significantly) for each count system. IMO, learn ill-18 first, regardless of the system used. If you're using a stronger count and want/need that extra PE (playing efficiency ie: Index plays), you should learn many more index plays than the ill-18.

NOTE: The index values for each system are different. So don't memorize the indexvalues for HiLo and use them with a different system. They each have their own index values!

PS: I say learn Hi-Opt I, like suggested above, then graduate to Hi-Opt II. But if you do this, you should really learn a lot (or almost all, IMO) of the indices. After all, the point of using a stronger count is for better playing efficiency (index plays).

PSS: Using a higher PE count will not only yield more EV (even if it's just a hair more), you'll also be reducing risk/variance and ultimately N0 (my favorite).
  • Jump to: