sol
sol
  • Threads: 1
January 1st, 2015 at 5:52:38 AM permalink
Not all that glitters is gold. 'Intellectual properties' retrieved as well from the tombs, returned to France, then re-buried in plain view?
Pre-arabic numerology 10s equalled 0. (Yes, the gods of thunder once played a game called '9 pins.'!) Hence baccarat 8+7= 5. Arabic numerology 10s equal 1+0 = 1. As such, simply add together the six numbers balancing either side of the seven to find the name of this game. Were you to solid line the three interior angle (corners) of this balance beam's equilateral base (equi-pyramid?) you may also find the (Pythagorean?) origin of the number 7. (7x3 also = name of the game.) Wrap a circle around it et voila . . . we have pi e! Again the question, why do not the J,Q,K continue to ascend in value (11,12,13) ? What DOES the 'royal family' have to hide? How can one even pretend to play, much less master a game to which they are unacquainted with its (authors') rules? Just sayin'.

The Balance

K Q J A
1o 1o 1o 1o 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
. .
. .
(6#s = 21) . . (6#s = 21)
. .
. .
. . . . . . .

Basic Strategy merely peruses the periphery of 'the problem'. Not bad math per se, simply the wrong math. Linear math and numerology, apples and oranges. In their own vernacular . . . garage in-garbage out. At best, just more symptom methodology that over focuses on the individual hand, to the exclusion of the whole system. Win the skirmish, lose the war . . . for over 50 years, now. If it's a ticket to Mars you're lookin' for, they're your boys, a ticket to this particular winner's circle . . . not so much. Happy hunting !

S. .
sol
sol
January 1st, 2015 at 6:00:15 AM permalink
oop! failed to format correctly. will have to reassemble those dots in the form of equi triangle base (to the balance beam) for yourselves. Damn my low tech ass! Happy New Year, just the same!
sol
sol
January 1st, 2015 at 6:03:49 AM permalink
I see it's worse. k,q,j over three of the tens, ace shoves over atop the one. So much for every picture tells a story. Cant even paint by numbers ...
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 1st, 2015 at 6:08:38 AM permalink
your sole meaning for existence seems to be in order to convince me that

*I will never be able to decipher jargon

*there is a perverse nature to mathematical people that makes them want to make simple things hard

*that this site attracts people who like to make it unclear whether they are trolls or not
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
January 1st, 2015 at 6:16:05 AM permalink
Ha ha. The guy's probably a genius. It's all wasted on me.

Better call sol. :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
sol
sol
January 1st, 2015 at 6:17:16 AM permalink
Pac man ate my dots! Who says the Universe has no sense of humor? Just too early in the year for it ...
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 1st, 2015 at 6:21:15 AM permalink
I cited it as 'jargon' in the hope that it is not 'gibberish'

we have a lot of members who like puzzles and such. Why did they not weigh in on your blog post? Only thing is, blogs are often not read, so we still don't know if there are people who can 'dig' this. We shall see.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
sol
sol
January 1st, 2015 at 6:31:20 AM permalink
Too early to tell if it's a problem with your math acuity, clearly you've not even considered it. More points to reading comprehension. A cacophany of 'baseless strategy' true believers. Such an incurious lot, we've become. Just too many damn 'walkers' these days. Out.
sol
sol
January 1st, 2015 at 7:03:16 AM permalink
Excepting 1BB. 'Better call Sol' pretty funny. However, breaking bad is reaching the number 22. Adds insult to injury. This thread is strictly about what adds up to 21, and exactly why. Hmmm . . . What I've also noticed over the term is that true believers tend to buy into the majority think. Cant see an upside to that, but that might just be personal eccentricity. This was only a query in so far as I'm just 'looking about'. Thus far, not a creature is stirring ... Mostly its just (an unopened) gift.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
January 1st, 2015 at 5:28:17 PM permalink
Oh I get it now... we should be playing blackjack with a 56 card deck (78 card tarot deck, less major arcana). The extra face cards will drastically change things for us.

You know, I wouldn't even mind 6:5 with the extra paint cards. Since this game would add the "Knight" rank, we should call it "Black Knight".

The game will be extremely popular, if I understand Monty Python correctly. ("The Black Knight always triumphs!")
May the cards fall in your favor.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 1st, 2015 at 5:51:21 PM permalink
Not really sure what you're trying to do, here...but if the 4 value 10 numbers are 1 in your system (preface), then remove the seven from the sequence, and

A23456=89TJQK
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
sol
sol
January 2nd, 2015 at 4:54:59 AM permalink
Well, you're getting warmer, however the subjective 'aspects' of the deck of 52 are of less interest to me and well beyond my pay grade. There is a squeaky tight balance to this game created through the numerological valuations assigned to these cards. I.e. the royal tens that are actually 1+0=1 so that the 8+9+1o+1o+1o+1o=21 in order to balance the 1+2+3+4+5+6=21 on the balance side of apex 7. You know, the middle number on the balance beam of thirteen cards? Let's see. What was the name of this game? True believers in coincidence are we? There is an order to these numbers as components of this balance that cannot be shuffled into or out of. The real quest for this game is to identify the order which favors the players' side. I ventured on to this site to see what I could see, half expecting to find math enthusiasts/treasure hunters, but thus far I've encountered only gamblers. My bad, but if heads were buried in the sand any deeper they'd be gargling oil.
sol
sol
January 2nd, 2015 at 5:03:54 AM permalink
Not my system, only dusting it off. Step one is always to identify the problem. 'Base-less strategy' has not even recognized the problem, much less addressed it. Only perusing the periphery, never daring to look in.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 2nd, 2015 at 5:06:07 AM permalink
you've hinted a couple of times that Basic Strategy is, well, BS, or am I mistaken?
sol
sol
January 2nd, 2015 at 5:14:17 AM permalink
If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

Exactly right, ideally they'd be left on life support just long enough to sign over the deed. (grin) Just kidding, kinda.
sol
sol
January 2nd, 2015 at 5:19:56 AM permalink
B.S. is a superficial assessment and treatment, a symptom methodology approach - hand by hand - to a rather holistic problem. It is probably the best answer to a linear arrangement of random numbers which this game is patently not.
sol
sol
January 2nd, 2015 at 6:29:25 AM permalink
You know, save 'the hand' even at the cost of losing the arm.
sol
sol
January 2nd, 2015 at 9:22:35 AM permalink
Noticed a thread - What is 'the long run'?

I'm thinking it's all the moments in between. Probably can't actually quantify, so better enjoy as many of them as you can. Taking my own advice, believe I'll move on along now. Been a slice, best of luck. S.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 2nd, 2015 at 1:55:57 PM permalink
to me this is speaking in riddles, but I was actually wondering if these were legitimate posts and wondered if some of our members who like puzzles would also be familiar with this kind of thing too, and participate. Guess not.

Are we to be left with no answer sir?

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 2nd, 2015 at 6:27:56 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

to me this is speaking in riddles, but I was actually wondering if these were legitimate posts and wondered if some of our members who like puzzles would also be familiar with this kind of thing too, and participate. Guess not.

Are we to be left with no answer sir?

It would appear so. It seemed to be more of a mystic religious thing than a math puzzle anyway, sort of like sufi numbers or magic pyramids or something. Not sure what was going on there.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: