frostnerve
frostnerve
  • Threads: 1
December 29th, 2014 at 2:33:18 PM permalink
Hi guys,

I notice theres no discussion/analysis into a Blackjack variant known as Ban-Luck (chinese blackjack). For those who don't know what it is, heres a link to a wikipedia page explaining the rules:

My questions are:

1. What is the house edge conferred simply by the dealer being able to selectively reveal the player's cards before drawing
2. What is the dominant strategy as a dealer?
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
December 29th, 2014 at 8:53:45 PM permalink
Quote: frostnerve

Hi guys,

I notice theres no discussion/analysis into a Blackjack variant known as Ban-Luck (chinese blackjack). For those who don't know what it is, heres a link to a wikipedia page explaining the rules:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Blackjack

My questions are:

1. What is the house edge conferred simply by the dealer being able to selectively reveal the player's cards before drawing
2. What is the dominant strategy as a dealer?

So they use one or two decks, but the million dollar question is: Do they just deal one hand, then shuffle? Or do they give what we all know as "penetration" to the game? The rules also seem to contradict themselves... All hands must be 16 points or higher, and players can only take 5 cards... Well what if I take 5 cards and only have 14?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
December 30th, 2014 at 2:56:54 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Well what if I take 5 cards and only have 14?

5 card unbusted hands would appear to be winners.

Quote: TFA

In addition, other special winning conditions apply:
Surviving unbusted at 5 cards (usually 1:2).

May the cards fall in your favor.
frostnerve
frostnerve
  • Threads: 1
January 2nd, 2015 at 2:45:22 PM permalink
Yup. 5 cards unbusted is an instant win unless busted similar to a 5-card charlie rule.

Game is played only with 1 deck up to 10 players. So i guess penetration would be about 30-50%
  • Jump to: