Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
January 9th, 2015 at 5:05:13 AM permalink
Quote: OzzyOsbourne

In my experience dealers are pretty adamant about you coloring up, I honestly would have never thought to just put the chips in my pocket and leave.

They're usually adamant about coloring up a big stack of red chips (on a red table). If you're playing green on a red table (or black on a green table), it's much less of a problem for them. They need the low value chips to get through until the next fill.

If you're not putting all your chips on the table - most of them stay in your pocket - it looks like you're only taking a few with you. No big deal if you take a small handful of chips off the table and stick them in your pocket and go.
May the cards fall in your favor.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 13th, 2015 at 9:46:44 PM permalink
So now 13 days into 2015, my blackjack results stand just above the $27 grand that I made for all of 2014. As I posted last week, the majority of this years win occurred with 2, 5 figure days within the for 4 days of the year. I have actually gone above and below last years mark 3 times now.

I can't help but think if these first 13 days of 2015 had occurred at the tail end of 2014 (and they very well could have as I shutdown play before Christmas for a year end break), then my dismal 2014 results which were just about 1/3 of expectation, would have been more in the neighborhood of 68 or 69% of expectation. Still below expectation, but much more respectable. Should of, could of.....right.

I feel like the blackjack gods are doing their job. You win some here. You lose some there. In the end it all works out to where you should be. They (BJ gods) have no clue that THESE 13 days are any different than 13 days a couple weeks ago. It's only our government that sets these artificial time segments. Somehow, I need to get the government and the BJ gods on the same page. Lol.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 14th, 2015 at 11:47:47 AM permalink
If only, lol. But I'm glad to hear that 2015 is starting well! Were you thinking of giving periodical updates as such? I, for one, would be very interested to hear how you're doing, etc. My partner and I (still only part time players) have decided at the end of the year we're going to mock up some fancy smancy charts and figure out a lot of the fun statistics... Which I'll probably post for others to check out. This was mostly inspired by your results and thus encouraging me to not only continue to track my stats, but to do even more detailed book keeping =).

I hope the variance continues to fall on your side for 2015 and beyond!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
January 14th, 2015 at 1:17:05 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I can't help but think if these first 13 days of 2015 had occurred at the tail end of 2014 (and they very well could have as I shutdown play before Christmas for a year end break), then my dismal 2014 results which were just about 1/3 of expectation, would have been more in the neighborhood of 68 or 69% of expectation. Still below expectation, but much more respectable. Should of, could of.....right.

Maybe you can redefine your fiscal year.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 14th, 2015 at 1:35:06 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

Maybe you can redefine your fiscal year.

lol my stats professor was right... "Figured never lie, but liars sometimes figure." =p
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: