richbailey86
richbailey86
  • Threads: 38
November 27th, 2014 at 9:09:49 AM permalink
Anyone play this?

thoughts?

at Mt. Airy I sat down to play blackjack and the dealer says i must warn you this is not normal blackjack

it goes like this, if you go over 21 you have the chance to draw another card which subtracts from your total for another chance

DOUBLE BACK JACK

Bust and still play! After player busts get back into the game by wagering amount bet so far. Receive a final card that gets subtracted from your total. Still over 21, both bets lose. Get to 21 or under, let the dealer finish the hand. Aces count only as one after busting. If player beats dealer, player wins the DOUBLEBACK bet and pushes on the original bet. If dealer wins, both players bets lose.
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. – Ron Paul
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
November 27th, 2014 at 10:32:29 AM permalink
Any idea what happens if you double a 12 into a six and bust and then double back to automatically be under 21? If this is allowed there may be some strategy that could crush this
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 27th, 2014 at 10:39:38 AM permalink
Quote: strictlyAP

Any idea what happens if you double a 12 into a six and bust and then double back to automatically be under 21? If this is allowed there may be some strategy that could crush this

You still have to beat the dealer to win anything.
richbailey86
richbailey86
November 27th, 2014 at 10:46:16 AM permalink
Quote: strictlyAP

you can double down on a 12 and if under 21 you can hit again and if you exceed 21 you can double down and hit again and hope to be at 21 or under

there is a strategy book for this game just need to find it
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. – Ron Paul
richbailey86
richbailey86
November 27th, 2014 at 10:51:13 AM permalink
in regular black jack if you have a 12 and dealer has 2-6 strategy tells you to stay

in this version of blackjack if you have a 12 and dealer has 2-6 the strategy tells you to either hit or double, if you go over 21 you can take the loss or double down and hope for a low card subtraction
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
NostalgicGuy
December 1st, 2014 at 9:32:13 PM permalink
Quote: richbailey86

in regular black jack if you have a 12 and dealer has 2-6 strategy tells you to stay ...

In regular blackjack if you have 12 to a dealer 2 or 3 you hit =).

I'm assuming doubling 12 would count as part of the 'original wager' if you went over. The big thing here (to me at least) is that if you go over, match your original wager, and go back under, AND win, then you only win your bust bet.

Example:
12v6 $10 bet. Double for $20 total, get a K for 22, put another $10 to match your 'original' wager ($30 on table), get a 3, go down to 19. Now let's say you win the hand somehow... You have $30 in action, and you only win $10 as you push your original wager (which I'd be willing to bet your original double down is counted in). If you lose, you lose $30. This seems horrendously in the houses favor, in my opinion... I'd be interested in seeing some mathematical analysis on this game.

Mr. Wizard? ;)
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: