Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
July 3rd, 2014 at 1:38:04 AM permalink
I wonder if anyone knows from whom and where the term "Ploppy" came from? I read once that J. Grosjean referred to them as "civilians".
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
July 3rd, 2014 at 1:52:28 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I wonder if anyone knows from whom and where the term "Ploppy" came from? I read once that J. Grosjean referred to them as "civilians".

I have read that Frank Scoblete coined the term "Ploppy." Maybe, Frank will post a reply in this thread.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
July 3rd, 2014 at 3:00:19 AM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

I have read that Frank Scoblete coined the term "Ploppy." Maybe, Frank will post a reply in this thread.

I asked Frank about that a couple of months ago and he responded that he got the idea from an English sit com. I can't find the post right now.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
July 3rd, 2014 at 3:48:10 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I asked Frank about that a couple of months ago and he responded that he got the idea from an English sit com. I can't find the post right now.

Blackadder
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
July 3rd, 2014 at 4:55:55 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

Blackadder

Thanks for the answer. I thought nobody might know.

I remember when they had that earthquake near Oakland, CA in 1989. A double deck freeway collapsed, and a newscaster referred to it as "pancaking." Then other newscasters used this expression. To my knowledge, that is where the word originated.
  • Jump to: