Kellynbnf
Kellynbnf
Joined: May 5, 2010
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 196
May 28th, 2010 at 1:42:20 PM permalink
Wizardofodds.com has an appendix with a strategy table for when the dealer exposes his/her hole card (regular Blackjack, not Double Exposure). One thing not addressed there that someone was asking me about is when you should surrender if available in such cases. Does anyone know the appropriate player/dealer hand combinations you should take (late) surrender under (I imagine there would be a lot if the dealer had 20)?
pacomartin
pacomartin
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
  • Threads: 649
  • Posts: 7895
May 28th, 2010 at 1:46:51 PM permalink
Not much camouflage there if you start surrendering hard 17's-19's.
f2d
f2d
Joined: May 25, 2010
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 69
May 28th, 2010 at 2:52:20 PM permalink
I'd say never surrender hard 17+ hands, unless the dealer's been showing a ton of 19/20s in a row, then you can whine about it and surrender 17s. That way you just look like an idiot.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 28th, 2010 at 2:55:48 PM permalink
Quote: f2d

then you can whine about it and surrender 17s. That way you just look like an idiot.

The surveillance room won't hear the whine. The Floor might not hear it either or might focus more on the action than the whine.
f2d
f2d
Joined: May 25, 2010
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 69
May 28th, 2010 at 7:23:20 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

The surveillance room won't hear the whine. The Floor might not hear it either or might focus more on the action than the whine.



I think that's the kind of thing the dealer needs to call attention to for it to be investigated.

If surveillance investigated every dumbtarded play people make at blackjack tables, they couldn't hire enough staff to do it.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
May 28th, 2010 at 8:59:08 PM permalink
Quote: f2d

I think that's the kind of thing the dealer needs to call attention to for it to be investigated.

If surveillance investigated every dumbtarded play people make at blackjack tables, they couldn't hire enough staff to do it.



I think "dumbtarded" is my new favorite word. Also, I agree with your point.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

  • Jump to: