SlackJawYokel
SlackJawYokel
  • Threads: 7
April 9th, 2014 at 5:04:29 PM permalink
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I could not find it anywhere. Does anyone count two tables at once while playing or standing behind while "observing"? Where I play the games are generally dealt quickly, depending on the player, and I feel like I am missing things or inaccurate in my count. This is due to many things including cards being blocked by other players, possibility of missing cards, ect. I would only like to count the first few rounds to see which table has the higher count. Can anyone offer any advice on this? How do you get around the visibility issue without breathing down someones neck? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

If I am not going to be accurate, it is not worth me trying to do and I know I will not be playing optimally. Maybe this is just a matter of practice but any ideas on how to go about this without drawing attention to myself?
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
April 9th, 2014 at 5:33:03 PM permalink
Yes, tracking two tables at once is part of my attack. It is why I am such a proponent of simplicity when it comes to which count to use. Players want to talk about increasing your win rate by 10% by using higher level counts, side counts and many more index plays. That is yesterday's thinking. Today's crappy blackjack games, it is about one thing. Identifying positive expectation situations and getting the money down in them. If you can track multiple tables, you can increase your win rate by 50% or more. Now that is something to talk about.

What you are doing is exiting negative or neutral counts and immediately jumping to more positive counts. You are essentially changing the frequency and percentage of higher positive counts that you play in your favor. This is a huge difference maker.

Now the thing is, if you are tracking a second table, while playing a primary table, you are going to miss some cards. You will be blocked at times and miss some, because you are looking at pips and paint instead of numbers, you may even misread some cards. BUT, your secondary count need not be perfect. AS long as you know that you are exiting one negative count or situation for the next table which is a better count or situation, it is to your advantage. You also get to throw out some voodoo-like line to the dealer and pit, like "you are too hot, I am moving to the next table". There are times I have said this after losing a hand, DESPITE the fact that I had won 4 in a row before that. lol

A little tip: sitting in the middle of the table will give you better sight angles to both neighboring tables. If you are at 1st or 3rd base, you are limited to one table as one is at your back and the sight angle is not good. There was one location that I used to play that had mirrored ceilings. I was able to track a table across the pit, by looking up at the ceiling. :-)
SlackJawYokel
SlackJawYokel
  • Threads: 7
April 10th, 2014 at 10:41:20 AM permalink
KewlJ,

Thanks for the reply and advice. I currently use a level one count with no side counts so I think that I will be able to do this eventually. In your second paragraph, you stated exactly what I was thinking.

I have only tried this a few times, but will be more conscious of where I sit and the views to the left and right. ( I appreciate the pro-tip). I just would like to follow up with a question if you see this, can you approximate your accuracy on the second table? I am just guessing but I would say that I was shielded from approximately 10% of the cards being dealt.

Thanks
Slack
  • Jump to: