toastcmu
toastcmu
  • Threads: 17
April 27th, 2010 at 5:01:45 AM permalink
I've looked at the Ace/5 count and used it in blackjack before, with decent results. That got me thinking - in a game like Spanish 21 where the 10's are taken out - would this simple count be even more effective? My gut feeling is that it helps marginally, but wanted some validation (or discredit) to my thoery.

-B
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 27th, 2010 at 1:30:22 PM permalink
Toast-- It might be more effective. Aces are far more valuble in S21 than BJ because you can hit to them and then possibly double, resplit them as many times as you want, and 21 is an automatic winner. A simple count of aces might even put you at the break-even point.

If you check out discountgambling.net, Stephen over there did a simulation using a very simple high/low count and small betting spread, and came up with a .40% player advantage. There are other people who use more advanced counting systems and make a substantial living at the game. The very best games are dealt in Ontario, New Jersey, and a few Midwest stores.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: