Thread Rating:

scudder
scudder
  • Threads: 5
September 8th, 2013 at 10:20:13 AM permalink
This has to be a newbie question, but it's going to bug me if I don't at least ask, so here goes: I downloaded the demo of CVCX, and noticed that the basic strategy charts included differ slightly from the Wizard's charts for the same rules. Am I missing something in the many CVCX settings, or is this attributed to something else? I recall reading somewhere on Wizard's BJ pages that some of his numbers would differ from other published figures due to the fact that different simulations produce slightly different results, or something along those lines.

I can point out the specific discrepancies I'm seeing if someone wants to know.
scudder
scudder
  • Threads: 5
September 8th, 2013 at 9:25:58 PM permalink
Think I answered my own question with a bit more poking around:

When I select Complete Basic Strategy CVCX displays a message that this basic strategy varies by decks and rules, which makes sense as the tables should be different for any unique set of decks/rules. When I then click "Display Tables" CVCX doesn't tell me which set of rules the tables I'm looking at are for. For my game (6 Deck, H17, DAS, LS), the tables are wrong. However, when I click on "Define/Edit Strategy" and select Complete Basic Strategy, and then "Advanced" I can edit the tables for single and multiple decks separately, and I see the correct strategy on the correct tables. So, it's all "in there", and I can only assume CVCX knows when to use what tables. :)
  • Jump to: