PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
April 8th, 2010 at 3:18:54 PM permalink
So I was playing some blackjack at the Bellagio about a month ago. There's one other player at the table, and the dealer has just shuffled up and is dealing the first hand out of a new shoe (6 deck, I believe). My comrade is dealt aces which end up getting split to the table maximum 4 times. When he's all done, he's got about 6-7 aces in his hands. I've got one or two, and the dealer ends up busting with one or two aces in her hand. My comrade is thrilled with his huge win, packs up his chips and leaves the table.

So all together there were like 10 aces dealt in this first hand. I tell the dealer that it seems like the rest of the deck must be very unfriendly, and that I should probably get up and leave as well. But I don't really want to do that, so would she mind shuffling up. She says she needs authorization from the pit boss to do this. So I flag down the pit boss, tell him what happened, and ask if I can get a shuffle. He agrees, but doesn't seem too happy about it.

Was that a complete bitch move on my part? Am I now in the MGM database of suspected card counters (which I most certainly am not).

BTW, I lost about $1000 at that table shortly thereafter, so I'm sure that they're not too upset with me!
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
April 8th, 2010 at 3:26:46 PM permalink
I wouldn't think so. It is perfectly in your right to request it and perfectly in their right to refuse. In fact, I am surprised they did that. Before I started counting, I knew losing so many aces was a bad thing so I think you are fine.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 8th, 2010 at 3:45:32 PM permalink
I kind of agree. If they say no, you could just get up and walk.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 5th, 2011 at 1:36:18 PM permalink
I probably would have mumbled that playing heads up is too fast for me and sought another table. You sure could have lost a lot of money in a few short short time, had you sat there and played heads-up. Don't have to be a math wiz to figure that out. Which i most certainly am not !!
  • Jump to: