mrclean
mrclean
  • Threads: 8
December 25th, 2012 at 10:33:59 AM permalink
All five have been programmed with the same firmware. They utilize the same cover plays, they follow the same basic strategy, etc.

However each of the five robots have different software installed. One has Hi-Lo installed, another KISS III, one Wong Halves, etc.

If the six deck shoes moves to the 'players' favor would the wagers of each of the robots fluctuate at the same time?

Or to ask in a more straight forward way, to someone standing at a table watching, could you tell if 5 people counting were all using different systems?

Thanks
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 25th, 2012 at 10:48:47 AM permalink
Quote: mrclean

All five have been programmed with the same firmware. They utilize the same cover plays, they follow the same basic strategy, etc.

However each of the five robots have different software installed. One has Hi-Lo installed, another KISS III, one Wong Halves, etc.

If the six deck shoes moves to the 'players' favor would the wagers of each of the robots fluctuate at the same time?

Or to ask in a more straight forward way, to someone standing at a table watching, could you tell if 5 people counting were all using different systems?

Thanks

There would be slight discrepancies in the exact unit levels of each player, but in general their bets would go up and down at approximately the same time. The blackjack app I use to practice on my phone has a button to show the running Hi-Lo count, which I don't use (I use KISS III). But I can tap the button to make sure I'm in roughly the same neighborhood as the Hi-Lo. Notably, unbalanced counts like Red 7 and KISS III tend to underestimate advantage early in the shoe, and overestimate late.

This is why counters don't like to play at the same table as each other. It looks suspicious to have 2 guys betting the minimum for half the shoe and then suddenly each jump their bet 5 or 10 times on the same hand...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
mrclean
mrclean
  • Threads: 8
December 25th, 2012 at 12:36:37 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

This is why counters don't like to play at the same table as each other. It looks suspicious to have 2 guys betting the minimum for half the shoe and then suddenly each jump their bet 5 or 10 times on the same hand...

Thanks. This is what I was trying to get at.
  • Jump to: