Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
December 6th, 2012 at 8:12:32 PM permalink
I recently started playing, have learned basic strategy, and consider myself a novice counter. I have read that it is best to play with as few decks as possible, as long as they pay 3 to 2. Would anyone be able to provide any advice on the size of bankroll that i would need to be able to play at a $25 double deck game? I appreciate any and all replies.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 6th, 2012 at 8:22:15 PM permalink
The old standard of 100 times your minimum bet has stood the test of time.

Besides if you lose that much, maybe you need to regroup before playing again.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
December 6th, 2012 at 8:25:23 PM permalink
Thanks I really appreciate the reply.... Should there be a session threshold, either up or down, when one needs to walk away? Either to avoid heat or just due to fluctuation?
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 6th, 2012 at 8:45:00 PM permalink
Why leave if the count is good, but also don't overstay your welcome.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
December 6th, 2012 at 9:14:11 PM permalink
Quote: Dreamer

Thanks I really appreciate the reply.... Should there be a session threshold, either up or down, when one needs to walk away? Either to avoid heat or just due to fluctuation?

For a $25 table, I break my play into $500 sessions. Lose that $500 bankroll, you make the decision to start another such session...after a break. I personally would also normally take a break after doubling my original stake. I am a serious recreational player and this approach suits me. Your approach may vary, of course.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
December 6th, 2012 at 9:41:57 PM permalink
Quote: Dreamer

and consider myself a novice counter. I have read that it is best to play with as few decks as possible

"Have read"? As a counter you should be able to tell exactly (let's say to 1 significant digit) what the difference in disadvantage and count advantage is in your sleep. And that's just 1% of what you should be able to tell in your sleep. That is if you want to get a shot at it.

Until then you need to get down more than BS.
As to bankroll, the roll for a 2-50 spread will be very different from that for BS flat-betting and different again from 1-4 defensive A-5.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
  • Jump to: