NewAP
NewAP
Joined: Jul 5, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 31
July 10th, 2012 at 11:51:22 AM permalink
At my local casino, for some reason there are more bad players than I have ever seen. On numerous occasions I've seen someone double down a 12 or 13 against a dealer ten. Recently I saw someone double a nine against an Ace. This guy was the single worst player ever, and to make matters worse he had some young guy who i assumed was his son that kept angrily blurting out "that's b.s." after every idiotic loss, as if the casino was cheating him or something. I was quite happy when he lost his arse, I must admit.

But yesterday I saw the single worst play ever- Saw a guy double on SIX against a dealer ten. I mean, even pulling a ten would only give him a 16. I gotta tell you that I was almost disappointed when the dealer busted, part of me would rather have lost than see his stupidity rewarded. How does a guy sit down with a couple hundred to play a game that they have no clue about?

What are the worst plays you guys have ever seen?
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 6485
July 10th, 2012 at 12:10:51 PM permalink
Quote: NewAP

At my local casino, for some reason there are more bad players than I have ever seen. On numerous occasions I've seen someone double down a 12 or 13 against a dealer ten. Recently I saw someone double a nine against an Ace. This guy was the single worst player ever, and to make matters worse he had some young guy who i assumed was his son that kept angrily blurting out "that's b.s." after every idiotic loss, as if the casino was cheating him or something. I was quite happy when he lost his arse, I must admit.

But yesterday I saw the single worst play ever- Saw a guy double on SIX against a dealer ten. I mean, even pulling a ten would only give him a 16. I gotta tell you that I was almost disappointed when the dealer busted, part of me would rather have lost than see his stupidity rewarded. How does a guy sit down with a couple hundred to play a game that they have no clue about?

What are the worst plays you guys have ever seen?




The worst play would be staying at a table where you were constantly being annoyed by other's bad play (which has zero affect on your game). Back when I first started, I was guilty of making comments to others about their lack of basic strategy knowledge and "bad play" - as I thought it actually affected me - it took me a long time to get over this hangup.

But, as for "bad plays" I have seen in my "career" - the worst was someone doubling a hard 16 against a Dealer Ace (the person rationalized it saying that, since the dealer checked and did not have a blackjack, that the odds were now in his favor) - the player got dealt an Ace (ughhhhh bad play reinforcement) for a 17 and the dealer overturned a 7 for an 18
Still boggles my mind!!!
NewAP
NewAP
Joined: Jul 5, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 31
July 10th, 2012 at 12:25:56 PM permalink
Thank you captain obvious, of course I realize that others bad play has zero effect on my game!!! I don't follow the ploppy logic. Why would you start off with the assumption that I don't know that? Did I say it affected my game?

But that aside, doubling on 16 against dealer Ace.....yes I think that may be even worse than doubling on six against a ten.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
Joined: Mar 8, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5328
July 10th, 2012 at 12:33:03 PM permalink
Saw a guy double on SIX against a dealer ten.

George, the greatest BJ player ever, has occasionally made this same play. Unless you are sure of the composition of the remaining cards in the deck or decks, do not be so quick to judge !!
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 6485
July 10th, 2012 at 12:58:14 PM permalink
Quote: NewAP

Thank you captain obvious, of course I realize that others bad play has zero effect on my game!!! I don't follow the ploppy logic. Why would you start off with the assumption that I don't know that? Did I say it affected my game?

But that aside, doubling on 16 against dealer Ace.....yes I think that may be even worse than doubling on six against a ten.



WOW! NewAP - I shall refrain from ever commenting on anything
you post ever again. Sorry to have offended you.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
Joined: Mar 8, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5328
July 10th, 2012 at 1:12:28 PM permalink
Yes Aceofspades, this is a forum. However ,please refrain from making intelligent observations in the future.

Obviously we have an new expert in the forum ,and I for one will bow to a superior intellect.
RoundMan
RoundMan
Joined: Jul 2, 2012
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 55
July 10th, 2012 at 1:30:46 PM permalink
On another thread somewhere within this forum, a member told a story of a guy
that doubled-down on a hard 20! The dealer tried to talk him out of it, but the
player insisted.

Of course he was dealt an Ace for a 21.

Double down on a hard 20. Beat that!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
Joined: Mar 8, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5328
July 10th, 2012 at 1:33:17 PM permalink
Double down on hard 21 allowed in some jurisdictions, not in Colorado.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 10th, 2012 at 1:51:23 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
July 10th, 2012 at 2:10:56 PM permalink
Quote: NewAP

Thank you captain obvious, of course I realize that others bad play has zero effect on my game!!! I don't follow the ploppy logic. Why would you start off with the assumption that I don't know that? Did I say it affected my game?

But that aside, doubling on 16 against dealer Ace.....yes I think that may be even worse than doubling on six against a ten.



There's no need to get snippy. Why are you keeping track of what everyone else does? It does affect the game because if everyone played perfectly the rules would be worse.

We need poor players!!!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

  • Jump to: