Dween
Dween
  • Threads: 66
July 10th, 2012 at 11:40:15 AM permalink
Backstory:
  • In 2010, I took a Carnival Cruise, and played in the Blackjack Tournament. $20 per entry, top 6 advance, plus one wildcard (random draw for each entry per person), enter as many times as you want during the qualifying period.
  • I waited til the qualifying period was close to ending, and entered. I placed 3rd on the leaderboard, and no other people wanted to enter, so I was in.
  • At the final table, a few people went for broke, all-in on the first few hands. It didn't pan out. I made it to the final hand with a 100 chip lead over my next competitor.
  • I don't remember the betting order, but I do remember betting all but 100. In the end, I won by the 100 chip margin, a $500 payday.

What I'd like to know:
  • What are some good strategies to make the leaderboard? Given a start of 10x100 = 1000 chips, what sort of betting style would get me to a total or 3,000? 4,000? 5,000? (Assuming 7 hands)
  • At the final table, the top ranked player may choose any seat, on down the leaderboard. Given that betting and dealing rotates around, what is the best seat to choose? Next best?
  • Final table, what sort of betting strategy to go for? Mimic others? Progressive?
  • On the final hand, what strategies are best for the chip leader? Mid-position? Short stack?

Any advice you could give, or websites to reference would be appreciated!
-Dween!
Dween
Dween
  • Threads: 66
July 11th, 2012 at 3:37:22 PM permalink
Friendly thread bump :D

-Dween!
  • Jump to: