Thread Rating:

arcticfun
arcticfun
  • Threads: 42
December 16th, 2013 at 8:49:48 AM permalink
I love Mohegan Sun's infinite-split rule. Got dealt 44 vs dealer 5 at a $50 stake. Splitting 4s is one of the riskier things to do but it's the right move if you're allowed to double after splitting vs 5 and 6.

In any case, after following BS play and getting the whole thing dealt through I had 6 hands, some with ugly totals like 12 and others with double down totals of 19, 20, or 21. I'm riding a high here because there's a total of almost $500 on the table, and the dealer had all but run out of room to fit all my hands. It was a truly beautiful sight.

Dealer flops a 6. He has 11. The entire table groans and the dealer looks at me and says "oh no." The emotions run from a high to a super low. But you know what? The important thing is to keep calm and carry on. I say "it's OK you have a low card coming!" The dealer then does this thing where he draws a card, and looks at me, and just to mess with me, takes his time. Draws an ace. Man I usually hate sneaky aces but this time, it saved my butt. Draws (another!!) 4 for 16, draws again and busts. Everyone is happy.

Total win = $450. In one hand. I was happy :)
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 16th, 2013 at 9:08:36 AM permalink
My record is 7. I didn't win them all but I came out ahead. I once saw a guy get eight 8s against a 10 and it wasn't pretty. I surrendered that hand just this morning and was glad I did. (Very high count.) My other hand was 11 and I caught the 10.

How are you finding the penetration there?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
arcticfun
arcticfun
  • Threads: 42
December 16th, 2013 at 11:54:08 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

My record is 7. I didn't win them all but I came out ahead. I once saw a guy get eight 8s against a 10 and it wasn't pretty. I surrendered that hand just this morning and was glad I did. (Very high count.) My other hand was 11 and I caught the 10.

How are you finding the penetration there?

Eight 8s? eugh. I would have split once and then surrendered...

Some of the dealers are total prudes and cut out right at 2 decks (there's a little marker on the shoe that shows them where to put the cut card). That's 66% pen = not great. But from time to time you land on the right guy and he cuts deeper. To be honest, I can't really compare because I haven't played anywhere else. But I've had good runs even with 66%. I hear that at the Foxwoods $50-min table they only cut one deck out - fun? But I am pretty sure they must be watching your every move like a hawk if they catch you betting $300 near the end of a shoe...
1BB
1BB
December 16th, 2013 at 1:25:59 PM permalink
Quote: arcticfun

Eight 8s? eugh. I would have split once and then surrendered...

Some of the dealers are total prudes and cut out right at 2 decks (there's a little marker on the shoe that shows them where to put the cut card). That's 66% pen = not great. But from time to time you land on the right guy and he cuts deeper. To be honest, I can't really compare because I haven't played anywhere else. But I've had good runs even with 66%. I hear that at the Foxwoods $50-min table they only cut one deck out - fun? But I am pretty sure they must be watching your every move like a hawk if they catch you betting $300 near the end of a shoe...

Surrender after splitting huh? I did it. I split 8s against a 10, got a 15 and said surrender. It was supposed to be a joke but the dealer returned half my bet and scooped the cards while the floor was watching. I felt like a fool but no harm no foul right? Wrong. They realized it a few hands later and squealed to the pit boss. The guy was another Atlantic City reject who started screaming that it was all my fault blah, blah, blah. I guess I was supposed to train his dealers in my spare time. Morons.

Most of my back offs at Foxwoods have been in the Newport room. One time I had only increased my bet by 8 units. I was told that if I tried to play again I would be trespassed. The main floor with 8 decks and H17 is playable because of the very deep penetration and tolerance of large spreads.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 16th, 2013 at 1:32:27 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
1BB
1BB
December 16th, 2013 at 1:42:50 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

You'd be lucky if all they do is trespass you.

I know some people who have been roughed up there, once in front of the State police who looked the other way. I haven't heard much lately. They're too busy trying to save their own skins. Two more of their thugs, I mean tribal officials, have been sentenced to federal prison.
  • Jump to: