elsharko1
elsharko1
  • Threads: 1
September 5th, 2019 at 4:16:09 AM permalink
Hello,
First post here. Just found this forum.
I am hoping someone can give me a logical suggestion for this. If I'm using a Labouchere for sports betting and I have one loss so far, but I have 3 games I want to bet this weekend. How do I manage my units on the bets since I am supposed to bet the next game at 1.5 units and the bets after that would be at 1. But they all go off at the same time. I really want to keep the Labouchere line consistent with the way it is used, and I really don't want to be choosing which game get the extra half a unit, because I feel like I am the Grim Reaper when it comes to choosing games that are worth more than the next. Do I just add the half unit to the first game on the board, or is there a consistent way that the Labouchere line is supposed to be played?

Here is the Labouchere line so far. I have 2 wins and 1 loss. And now I have 3 games to bet at the same time. How do I manage the units per game???

X - X - .5 - .5 - .5 - .5 - .5 - .5 - X - X - 1

My next bet should be 1.5, but since I have 3 games to play, what is the correct way to manage the bet amounts???

Thank you.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 5th, 2019 at 4:25:07 AM permalink
Welcome elsharko. To even try and answer your question, we would need to know why you are using a "Labouchere" betting pattern for sports betting?

My simple answer would be the "L" system is not made for multiple simultaneous bets, only for sequential bets.
elsharko1
elsharko1
September 5th, 2019 at 4:48:52 AM permalink
Makes sense that you say it's not meant to be used to sequential betting. I'm using it only because I've used it before with other bets. No specific reasoning, just thought I'd try it out. I didn't know if there was a way it was supposed to be played if this situation came up. But you're right. Is there another progressive or negative progression system that could be used or something else that you would suggest that I can look in to?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 5th, 2019 at 4:58:46 AM permalink
Quote: elsharko1

Makes sense that you say it's not meant to be used to sequential betting. I'm using it only because I've used it before with other bets. No specific reasoning, just thought I'd try it out. I didn't know if there was a way it was supposed to be played if this situation came up. But you're right. Is there another progressive or negative progression system that could be used or something else that you would suggest that I can look in to?

Not sure if you know this or not, but just throwing it out there just in case -- the Labouchere system, like every other "money management system" won't make you win in the long haul.

Nevertheless, if this is something you still want to bet -- why not play with multiple progressions at the same time?
elsharko1
elsharko1
September 5th, 2019 at 5:27:58 AM permalink
Yes you're right. I don't know of any system that will consistently win in the long run. I figure you just pick something and go with it. Hopefully your bankroll can last a bit longer and you can enjoy yourself.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
elsharko1
September 5th, 2019 at 7:35:29 AM permalink
Sometimes you can combine bets and treat them as one bet. Works great at craps using D’Alambert. But sport bets with different lines, do not lend themselves to systems well because of that.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: