michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
June 24th, 2019 at 10:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

The finny thing is I just randomly made up how his system worked trying to be confusing as possable with some mumbo jumbo and not being able to lose. And he agreed that's how his system worked.

His system was .. you randomly choose a huge favorite in a 3 game series, and assume they won’t lose 3 games in a row.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 24th, 2019 at 11:43:18 PM permalink
Reminds me of a system I posted here way back when. A poker dealer told me he used it.

The idea was to wait for a really bad hockey team to win a couple in a row and then start martengaling against em.

In theory, the market price should always be pretty fair and should reflect any unusual condition.

But I thought it was intriguing because there is a human element. The argument was that it was extremely uncommon for such a team to win 6 games in a row or whatever it was.

There could be a psychological factor where the team starts to expect a loss. Or maybe they have over exerted themselves on the streak.

I wouldn't bet it myself, but Ive always thought it was interesting.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 25th, 2019 at 3:46:42 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Reminds me of a system I posted here way back when. A poker dealer told me he used it.

The idea was to wait for a really bad hockey team to win a couple in a row and then start martengaling against em.

In theory, the market price should always be pretty fair and should reflect any unusual condition.

But I thought it was intriguing because there is a human element. The argument was that it was extremely uncommon for such a team to win 6 games in a row or whatever it was.

There could be a psychological factor where the team starts to expect a loss. Or maybe they have over exerted themselves on the streak.

I wouldn't bet it myself, but Ive always thought it was interesting.

There's a physical factor to the road team's play, with the extra time traveling, as well as an emotional home team advantage. There's a fatigue factor to b2b games. Bookies take those into account every week. So I don't know why there couldn't be a discernable (and bettable) emotional component to a team over performing their own expectations. Just have to be cautious not to overweight it as a factor, but seems reasonable.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
es330td
es330td
  • Threads: 3
September 4th, 2019 at 1:40:15 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

No problem.... Well maybe one potential problem:-

The only member that knows your system is you.

If the system actually works then he would be foolish to tell anyone else how to do it. It’s like in poker, if you spot someone’s tell you don’t say a word.
  • Jump to: