Thread Rating:

Monster
Monster
  • Threads: 1
May 6th, 2013 at 9:23:24 AM permalink
I have had a lot of battles with people who claim to have the winning roulette system. I am pretty educated and good at mathematics, and I know that there can't be such thing.
I do understand why people who are selling these are lying, but I have met quite a few people who don't sell anything, they just say they have it and they are not going to tell what it is. The only reason they make me curious about their systems, because if they tell me, I know that can't win, while if they don't tell me, there is always something in the back of my mind saying maybe there is something I do not know about.
I am not seriously considering, that they might have it, it really is just a small glitch in my brain caused by this unknown variable about their strategy which obviously doesn't matter, because the -EV is a given with any series of bets. On the other hand they seem so confident, some of them say they even quit their jobs, most of them however just say they make small winnings, but do so consistently. Both cases are suspicious, because if you have it you go big. And if you go big, you just shut up and make millions, you don't go advertising it.

My friends do not play roulette, I just go to gambling forums where people are discussing systems, and I like to advise people against the belief that roulette is a good investment. I have seen poor people invest money in buying strategies and playing roulette, and it makes me sad, so I try to fight it when I have some spare time.

Do you guys have the same experience? Do they really believe it, or they know it is not true? Why do you think these people are lying?
I have a couple of theories about this:
- They just want to seem successful
- They don't keep track of wins/losses, they just think they win because of the system, and if they lose, they blame it on something else, so the system remains perfect
- They want it so bad that they are really convinced they consistently win, even though they don't

I would like to understand what is going on in their heads. Maybe you guys have closer relationship to such people and therefore a better understanding about this.

So ... what do you think?
nezbit
nezbit
  • Threads: 6
May 6th, 2013 at 10:40:07 AM permalink
only proven system i have ever seen was guys who figured out worn wheels and where the ball would land more often that others. was a series on the travel channel or something called beating the house or taking down vegas you can find it there.

also seen guys with a buzzer on this thigh they worked in groups and they could tell by a certain percentage where the ball was going to land based on wheel speed and where the ball was located right as it was about to drop.

if they say they have a feeling or have a betting system then they are in fact high and you should continue to laugh at them.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 6th, 2013 at 12:21:12 PM permalink
Quote: Monster

I have a couple of theories about this:
- They just want to seem successful
- They don't keep track of wins/losses, they just think they win because of the system, and if they lose, they blame it on something else, so the system remains perfect
- They want it so bad that they are really convinced they consistently win, even though they don't

I would like to understand what is going on in their heads. Maybe you guys have closer relationship to such people and therefore a better understanding about this.

D) All of the above.

Quote: nezbit

also seen guys with a buzzer on this thigh they worked in groups and they could tell by a certain percentage where the ball was going to land based on wheel speed and where the ball was located right as it was about to drop.

Illegal in the state of NV and almost everywhere else - could result in felony cheating charges if discovered.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
  • Jump to: