MJGolf
MJGolf
Joined: Aug 17, 2016
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 92
October 8th, 2020 at 7:28:06 PM permalink
Ok, I just visited Vegas. Live in OK. Familiar with gambling in Louisiana and Mississippi, etc. But have NEVER visited PA. I have a friend who got laid off from Vegas casino and moved back home to Pennsylvania. She says Mohegan Sun is just a short distance from her. I want to visit. I know it's Covid times and apparently PA may be a little stricter than other areas of country? Not sure at all.

But without specifically disclosing your honey pots and with an eye to Blackjack playing conditions, would you "knowledgeable" folks from that area make some suggestions or let me know about Pennsylvania casinos? One thing I like is that it will all be S17 I understand by gaming regulation. That would be a nice change. What are usual table limits, etc? Any places you suggest that are MUST play?

HELP!!!! LOL
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 1143
October 8th, 2020 at 7:49:20 PM permalink
Quote: MJGolf

Ok, I just visited Vegas. Live in OK. Familiar with gambling in Louisiana and Mississippi, etc. But have NEVER visited PA. I have a friend who got laid off from Vegas casino and moved back home to Pennsylvania. She says Mohegan Sun is just a short distance from her. I want to visit. I know it's Covid times and apparently PA may be a little stricter than other areas of country? Not sure at all.

But without specifically disclosing your honey pots and with an eye to Blackjack playing conditions, would you "knowledgeable" folks from that area make some suggestions or let me know about Pennsylvania casinos? One thing I like is that it will all be S17 I understand by gaming regulation. That would be a nice change. What are usual table limits, etc? Any places you suggest that are MUST play?

HELP!!!! LOL



wind creek has $5 min stadium blackjack (and roulette, baccarat if your into that), and their BJ tables are usually $25 minimum, sometimes $15 if your lucky. They've also changed the minimums for me when i asked to LOWER lol. it wasnt busy and i was joking around, and they were'nt haha
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1284
October 9th, 2020 at 1:54:59 AM permalink
I'm horrified by the toll road charges in PA. Need an EZ-Pass for a discount. Hopefully the tolls are less than $5 from Binghamton, NY round trip.
PA Toll Charges https://www.paturnpike.com/toll/tollmileage.aspx
They've gone mainly cashless, and say a new 45% surcharge on Toll By Plate is coming, so you have to figure out which state gives you the best deal for the EZ-Pass without any monthly user fees for the privilege. New York seems simple, other states maybe not. PA will keep jacking up the tolls year after year unless they change their financing but with big drops in toll revenue this year it looks like big hikes are coming.
PA used to be rumored to be a speed trap decades ago, now it's a toll trap. I'd rather they raise the price of gas 15 cents and lower the tolls 80%. Maybe there's been too many blizzards with too many thousands of vehicles stranded on the Interstate for too many days.

It would probably cost me $50+ for the round trip at $2.25/gallon. I'd better be winning thousands of dollars for that kind of trip unless I'm just out for the drive.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Oct 9, 2020
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11896
Thanks for this post from:
MJGolf
October 9th, 2020 at 2:56:37 AM permalink
Quote: MJGolf



But without specifically disclosing your honey pots and with an eye to Blackjack playing conditions, would you "knowledgeable" folks from that area make some suggestions or let me know about Pennsylvania casinos? One thing I like is that it will all be S17 I understand by gaming regulation. That would be a nice change. What are usual table limits, etc? Any places you suggest that are MUST play?

HELP!!!! LOL



AFIK all BJ rules are the same everywhere in the state by law. At Rivers Pittsburgh you will have to play at $15 or greater to get a shoe dealt game. At Meadows you may find one at $10. Meadows has a nicer feel to it IMHO. Rivers is steering everyone to the "stadium" thing it is clear they want that to be the big thing.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 1143
Thanks for this post from:
MJGolf
October 9th, 2020 at 6:49:07 AM permalink
Another FYI, people from PA - including myself - love their sidebets. if you dont play them people will grumble and whine, because of all the lost value (lol). And there isnt a table that usually doesnt have a sidebet, or the 777 progressive.

you cant find a table in wind creek that doesnt have a sidebet. now for the entire reason of this reply -

normally surrender is allowed, except at freebet blackjack. you most likely know what im talking about, but the casino at first had surrender on the game, until they realized they didnt need to have it (im assuming because its specified in the rules aka laws)
MJGolf
MJGolf
Joined: Aug 17, 2016
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 92
October 10th, 2020 at 9:24:01 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I'm horrified by the toll road charges in PA. Need an EZ-Pass for a discount. Hopefully the tolls are less than $5 from Binghamton, NY round trip.
PA Toll Charges https://www.paturnpike.com/toll/tollmileage.aspx
Maybe there's been too many blizzards with too many thousands of vehicles stranded on the Interstate for too many days.



Thanks for the info. I think EZ Pass would work if I was driving and our State had a reciprocal deal with PA but that is too far a drive for me for a short visit. Will fly and probably rent a car. Based upon what you are saying, assume do the EZ Pass for the rental option?

When does weather normally get bad there? She told me that if didn't make it by end of month/October it's usually sucks. Here we are having Indian Summer weather for sure.
MJGolf
MJGolf
Joined: Aug 17, 2016
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 92
October 10th, 2020 at 9:26:17 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

AFIK all BJ rules are the same everywhere in the state by law. Rivers is steering everyone to the "stadium" thing it is clear they want that to be the big thing.



Since not all "stadium" games are identical, do you mean a live dealer but terminal machines for betting and everyone gets the same hand who is playing? Or are they a "video" dealer?
MJGolf
MJGolf
Joined: Aug 17, 2016
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 92
October 10th, 2020 at 9:29:53 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Another FYI, people from PA - including myself - love their sidebets. if you dont play them people will grumble and whine, because of all the lost value (lol). And there isnt a table that usually doesnt have a sidebet, or the 777 progressive.

you cant find a table in wind creek that doesnt have a sidebet. now for the entire reason of this reply -

normally surrender is allowed, except at freebet blackjack. you most likely know what im talking about, but the casino at first had surrender on the game, until they realized they didnt need to have it (im assuming because its specified in the rules aka laws)



Yes, think I "get" your drift. I have laughed at the side bet scenario............usually when you would have won the bets, they always point that out to you, ignoring all the times you would NOT have won the bets......LOL

Yes, surrender when offered, is very important to me. In my State I don't know of a casino that offers it any longer. Three I know and played at used to allow it but they have all stopped offering it in the past year. Sucks.
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 892
October 10th, 2020 at 9:45:29 AM permalink
Quote: MJGolf

Since not all "stadium" games are identical, do you mean a live dealer but terminal machines for betting and everyone gets the same hand who is playing? Or are they a "video" dealer?



The former. BJ/roulette/baccarat(usually closed).
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 1143
October 10th, 2020 at 9:56:41 AM permalink
Quote: MJGolf

Since not all "stadium" games are identical, do you mean a live dealer but terminal machines for betting and everyone gets the same hand who is playing? Or are they a "video" dealer?



Wind creek has live dealer stadium for all of their games I mentioned

CSM for all games stadium, ASM for tables- patterns exiting are all the same though

What’s interesting is that they have 2 stadium spots now. One used to be baccarat and roulette and the other just blackjack

Now they have all games at both stadiums

Oh yeah they also have war at the one as well but who plays that or even cares haha

  • Jump to: