Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
March 2nd, 2020 at 5:19:50 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I don't want it to kill anybody

Me neither. But if anyone wants to make me your life insurance beneficiary, I'm available.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 228
March 2nd, 2020 at 6:17:05 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Me neither. But if anyone wants to make me your life insurance beneficiary, I'm available.

I don't get it?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 206
March 2nd, 2020 at 7:20:21 PM permalink
Two percent is a lot, especially if it's 2 percent this wave, 2% next year if it mutates. I don't want it to kill anyone, and I don't want to lose anyone important to me, and I don't want to die because I'm important to other people. Things like this really shows how weak our government really is. I'm not sure I believe this story being posted about how it kills old and sickly, I don't think it's true at all.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
March 2nd, 2020 at 11:42:24 PM permalink
It feels like every year or two there's a big scare from a new virus, whether it be Bird Flu, Swine Flu or Beer Virus. I know it can be easy to get swept up in the hysteria, but it's less deadly than influenza. You do wonder when we'll encounter a virus that we won't have time to adapt to.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
March 3rd, 2020 at 12:49:59 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

It feels like every year or two there's a big scare from a new virus, whether it be Bird Flu, Swine Flu or Beer Virus. I know it can be easy to get swept up in the hysteria, but it's less deadly than influenza. You do wonder when we'll encounter a virus that we won't have time to adapt to.

currently it is 25-50 times more deadly than flu based on death %. Donít go by totals.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
March 3rd, 2020 at 3:44:07 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

It feels like every year or two there's a big scare from a new virus, whether it be Bird Flu, Swine Flu or Beer Virus. I know it can be easy to get swept up in the hysteria, ....

People have to justify their salaries and new hires somehow. Anyone here think the next heath dept budget will be scrutinized?
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 37
March 4th, 2020 at 10:24:52 PM permalink
Here's an amazing factoid:

The sales of Corona beer have plummeted to the lowest in decades!
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 4th, 2020 at 11:35:30 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Here's an amazing factoid:

The sales of Corona beer have plummeted to the lowest in decades!

I feel bad for Corona beer over this. They already have it bad enough with the current seltzer craze, and now people buying even less of it because of the word Corona...
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
March 5th, 2020 at 9:40:37 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I feel bad for Corona beer over this. They already have it bad enough with the current seltzer craze, and now people buying even less of it because of the word Corona...

Are you willing to go to an extreme and only drink Corona beer as your only alcholic beverage until this passes? That would support them.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
March 5th, 2020 at 10:20:36 AM permalink
Looks like Google has blocked Coronavirus themed products. I found a bunch last week.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: