BigBluMiku
BigBluMiku
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 12
Joined: Sep 21, 2022
Thanked by
FlipCardGame
January 13th, 2023 at 3:52:51 PM permalink
Bicycle casino, since around end of last year has stopped taking the collection fee on casino games (BJ, 3 card, UTH, etc). Im definitely not complaining but Im curious if anyone knows why and how they can do this, I thought they had to charge collection for "hosting" the game.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 859
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
Thanked by
Wizard
January 13th, 2023 at 4:12:36 PM permalink
Maybe the company that banks the game covers it. I remember a place in the north bay kind of by Petaluma that did not charge a collection fee for their BJ game at least back in 2007.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5119
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
January 13th, 2023 at 4:34:30 PM permalink
Quote: BigBluMiku

Bicycle casino, since around end of last year has stopped taking the collection fee on casino games (BJ, 3 card, UTH, etc). Im definitely not complaining but Im curious if anyone knows why and how they can do this, I thought they had to charge collection for "hosting" the game.
link to original post



Warning: Creating a duplicate post or a duplicate thread is against the forum rules. If you do this again -creating a duplicate post por duplicate thread - you will be subject to being suspended fropm the forum for a period of time.

Please read the forum rules Forum Rules]

I will delete the duplicate thread that you created.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5119
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
January 13th, 2023 at 4:34:31 PM permalink
Quote: BigBluMiku

Bicycle casino, since around end of last year has stopped taking the collection fee on casino games (BJ, 3 card, UTH, etc). Im definitely not complaining but Im curious if anyone knows why and how they can do this, I thought they had to charge collection for "hosting" the game.
link to original post



Warning: Creating a duplicate post or a duplicate thread is against the forum rules. If you do this again -creating a duplicate post or duplicate thread - you will be subject to being suspended from the forum for a period of time.

Please read the forum rules Forum Rules]

I will delete the duplicate thread that you created.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11083
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
Thanked by
Dieteravianrandysmoothgrhrsactuarydarkozodiousgambit
January 13th, 2023 at 5:28:06 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Quote: BigBluMiku

Bicycle casino, since around end of last year has stopped taking the collection fee on casino games (BJ, 3 card, UTH, etc). Im definitely not complaining but Im curious if anyone knows why and how they can do this, I thought they had to charge collection for "hosting" the game.
link to original post



Warning: Creating a duplicate post or a duplicate thread is against the forum rules. If you do this again -creating a duplicate post or duplicate thread - you will be subject to being suspended from the forum for a period of time.

Please read the forum rules Forum Rules]

I will delete the duplicate thread that you created.
link to original post



It is actually funny you duplicate posted the warning against duplicate posts!!!!!
avianrandy
avianrandy 
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1615
Joined: Mar 7, 2010
January 13th, 2023 at 6:13:49 PM permalink
I thought the same thing,but didn't want to stir up anything
calwatch
calwatch
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 244
Joined: Feb 7, 2010
January 13th, 2023 at 6:57:14 PM permalink
Remember that state law requires all table rules to be posted online.
https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/media/parkwest-bicycle-casino.pdf
https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/media/pc_bicycle_casino-ga.pdf

The collection rates and fee tables start on Page 419 of the first link.

The player-dealer (which usually is the Third Party Provider of Proposition Services, aka the "corporation") pays the fees out of the total amount of table action, based on a schedule. A player-dealer always has the house advantage.

On some game rules it will say, "The player/dealer position rotates in a systematic and continuous way so that the opportunity to act as the player/dealer does not constantly remain with a single person for many hands. The person in player/dealer position may not act as player/dealer position more than two consecutive hands or rounds of play. The opportunity to act as the player/dealer must be offered to all seated players after two hands or rounds of play so that a single player cannot repeatedly act as the player/dealer within the meaning of Oliver v. County of Los Angeles, (1998) 66 Cal.App.4th 1397, 1408-09 or section 330.11 of the California Penal Code, relating to gambling establishments and any future regulatory guideline from the California Bureau of Gambling Control or the California Gambling Control Commission with respect to the operation of controlled games featuring a player/dealer position."

However, this is routinely not enforced. If Proposition 26 had passed, it would empower gamblers to file private rights of action against card clubs who don't pass the player-dealer position. The card clubs argued that games would have to stop if none of the civilian players wanted to bank the game. It was an add on to the main goal of Prop 26, which was to allow Indian casinos to offer craps, roulette, and in person sports betting, but the card clubs felt threatened enough that they decided to run a campaign against 26. They pulled the race card on that, since most of the card club cities are heavily Latino, but that was even more offensive since their ancestors were the ones who subjugated and suppressed the Indians when they arrived to this continent.

One of the interesting quirks about California law banning lotteries is that casinos are required to host "No Purchase Necessary" tables where you are ONLY playing for the progressive, for free. The same goes for the "Cracked Aces" promotion and other poker promotions - if there are three people they can play amongst themselves to see if pocket aces are ever drawn.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 13th, 2023 at 7:24:42 PM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

Maybe the company that banks the game covers it. I remember a place in the north bay kind of by Petaluma that did not charge a collection fee for their BJ game at least back in 2007.
link to original post



I also believe this to be the case.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5119
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
January 13th, 2023 at 9:02:33 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: gordonm888

Quote: BigBluMiku

Bicycle casino, since around end of last year has stopped taking the collection fee on casino games (BJ, 3 card, UTH, etc). Im definitely not complaining but Im curious if anyone knows why and how they can do this, I thought they had to charge collection for "hosting" the game.
link to original post



Warning: Creating a duplicate post or a duplicate thread is against the forum rules. If you do this again -creating a duplicate post or duplicate thread - you will be subject to being suspended from the forum for a period of time.

Please read the forum rules Forum Rules]

I will delete the duplicate thread that you created.
link to original post



It is actually funny you duplicate posted the warning against duplicate posts!!!!!
link to original post



Whoops.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
  • Jump to: