MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 196
  • Posts: 2515
April 10th, 2019 at 10:27:12 PM permalink
Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City changes name (again) to refocus on gambling http://bit.ly/2UuTXZt

Ocean Resort Casino will now be called Ocean Casino Resort, one of several ways the casino is rebranding to focus on affordability.

Any Comments on this?
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
April 10th, 2019 at 10:32:14 PM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames

Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City changes name (again) to refocus on gambling http://bit.ly/2UuTXZt

Ocean Resort Casino will now be called Ocean Casino Resort, one of several ways the casino is rebranding to focus on affordability.

Any Comments on this?



Sounds like a cry for help, and a marketing firm just made easy money to me. Waste of money.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1764
April 10th, 2019 at 10:42:24 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Sounds like a cry for help, and a marketing firm just made easy money to me. Waste of money.



LOL Yeah. How much did they pay to change "Ocean Resort Casino" into "Ocean Casino Resort"?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 919
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
April 11th, 2019 at 2:53:01 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

... Waste of money.

I disagree. Less likely to be confused with Resorts Casino.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
April 11th, 2019 at 5:32:57 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

I disagree. Less likely to be confused with Resorts Casino.



You have a point. I was not thinking about there being a Resorts Casino in AC.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 180
  • Posts: 10299
April 11th, 2019 at 8:23:54 AM permalink
I dunno.

It’s something which is probably better than nothing.

FYI: I’m gonna be there this weekend for #Gamblepalooza. Actually, it starts Friday but I get there Sunday.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
jerrysnj
jerrysnj
Joined: Jan 8, 2015
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 97
April 11th, 2019 at 9:10:11 AM permalink
They say the change is to show it wants to market itself as a casino resort and attract gamblers where the previous management/owners marketed itself as a resort that also had a casino. Only time will tell if there is a change in strategy. They have recently made a change on their website that allows you to log in an see your status and offers. Next step has to be to book comped rooms online.
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7043
April 11th, 2019 at 9:15:53 AM permalink
So will the casino resort (as opposed to the resort casino) be issuing new chips with the two words reversed? If not, then they weren't serious about this. If so, then they are wasting even more money, but a bunch of collectors will have to make one more visit.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
April 11th, 2019 at 10:45:48 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

So will the casino resort (as opposed to the resort casino) be issuing new chips with the two words reversed? If not, then they weren't serious about this. If so, then they are wasting even more money, but a bunch of collectors will have to make one more visit.



I'm surprised the new name isn't already taken... somewhere.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1351
  • Posts: 22432
April 11th, 2019 at 10:47:11 AM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames

Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City changes name (again) to refocus on gambling http://bit.ly/2UuTXZt

Ocean Resort Casino will now be called Ocean Casino Resort, one of several ways the casino is rebranding to focus on affordability.

Any Comments on this?



When I was at the Venetian the overriding philosophy was "We are a hotel with a casino, not a casino with a hotel." It's hard to argue with success.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

  • Jump to: