Scan
Scan
  • Threads: 91
June 28th, 2018 at 7:32:32 AM permalink
Anybody have any places they can add to this list??

This is a good one to bookmark to access on the fly

https://travelzork.com/atlantic-city-casual-dining/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 28th, 2018 at 8:57:34 AM permalink
Quote: Scan

Anybody have any places they can add to this list??

This is a good one to bookmark to access on the fly

https://travelzork.com/atlantic-city-casual-dining/

I really like Angelo's Fairmont tavern.

Been there since 1935, probably never remodeled. Good solid Italian food, not too expensive. Just off to the right after you cross the water on the Causeway.

http://www.restaurantpassion.com/external_pages/nj/angelosfairmount01_mobile/mobile_index.html
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 28th, 2018 at 12:11:39 PM permalink
The Irish Pub is great

http://www.theirishpub.com/
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
June 28th, 2018 at 12:15:47 PM permalink
We love the Ducktown Tavern. Open 24/7/365 with a good menu and good food. AC Police always in there eating and the owner runs a great business in a neighborhood that can get shady at times.

Well worth a visit for a meal or bar food and some drinks.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 28th, 2018 at 12:21:16 PM permalink
I used to enjoy the pub food at the Chelsea Hotel, but haven't eaten their since they went upscale.
My favorite pizza place in AC would be Dannys, but even they aren't good for much more than a slice or two.
Baltimore Grill has great food, but in the past, some of the bartenders seem to not particularly care for non-locals. Hopefully that has been rectified.
There is a little Mexican/Dominican place directly across the street from the old Plaza that has incredible food, but horrible atmosphere. Good to get food to go.
Fairmont Tavern rocks.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
June 28th, 2018 at 2:59:37 PM permalink
I recommend Wingcraft. Excellent burgers, creative desserts, and a truly awesome beer selection.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 28th, 2018 at 3:16:00 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

I recommend Wingcraft. Excellent burgers, creative desserts, and a truly awesome beer selection.

I can second that. I had a great burger there.

Dock's Oyster House (the original one on Atlantic Ave) is a little more upscale but also very good. If you are looking for something more quick and casual, you can grab a seat at the Bar - they have a great bar menu and happy hour.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
June 28th, 2018 at 3:27:50 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Quote: TumblingBones

I can second that. I had a great burger there.

Nice to know you can recognize and appreciate a great burger when you taste one. Given your fondness for "dirty water dogs" this was not necessarily a given. :)
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
June 28th, 2018 at 5:06:34 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Dock's Oyster House (the original one on Atlantic Ave) is a little more upscale but also very good. If you are looking for something more quick and casual, you can grab a seat at the Bar - they have a great bar menu and happy hour.

Love Dock's.

Harry's Oyster Bar at Bally's is also excellent and related to Dock's in someway I can't remember. Excellent happy hour (on food and drinks) and an overall great value. Al fresco dining available in the courtyard of the Dennis tower is nice too.
jerrysnj
jerrysnj
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
Jmarch79
July 3rd, 2018 at 10:24:11 PM permalink
It doesn’t get more casual or cheap than Tony’s Baltimore Grill. Nothing fancy here but good pizza and other Italian and fried seafood.
  • Jump to: