Thread Rating:

Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
July 13th, 2018 at 12:29:07 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

thx!
do you know if Trop matches any casino reward cards?



No, they do not.
HarryLyme
HarryLyme
Joined: Oct 26, 2016
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 26
July 14th, 2018 at 7:41:11 AM permalink
True, but I think the bump in cashback and comp dollar earning is plus, especially if you already play there. Why not get the most value at no extra cost. Funny that they match Ocean and Hard Rock's top cards. Odds asked about Trop. I can't imagine they won't match soon, as almost everyone else in town is doing some kind of match. Yes, they claim they're rolling back on comps, but now may not be the best time to do it.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
July 14th, 2018 at 9:58:27 AM permalink
Quote: HarryLyme

True, but I think the bump in cashback and comp dollar earning is plus, especially if you already play there. Why not get the most value at no extra cost. Funny that they match Ocean and Hard Rock's top cards. Odds asked about Trop. I can't imagine they won't match soon, as almost everyone else in town is doing some kind of match. Yes, they claim they're rolling back on comps, but now may not be the best time to do it.



True regarding Golden Nugget. If you play there anyways, why not receive the extra bump in cashback/freeplay?

As for Trop matching - who knows? Like you said, everyone else is, so why not them and Resorts?

My personal opinion is that I am not a fan of tier matching. It dilutes the program for legitimate loyal players. If I ran marketing at these properties I'd offer an accelerated earning tier program for those with higher tier competitor cards. Example: "Ok, Mr. Jmarch, I see you have the highest tier at X casino. You have X months to earn just X tier points and we will give you our highest tier along with the following bonuses." This gives the player time to experience the property and the casino to see play patterns - all without diluting the current program too much.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
Thanks for this post from:
Jmarch79
July 14th, 2018 at 10:13:42 AM permalink
Just got a first hand report that the lines at Ocean are still crazy long.

I
HarryLyme
HarryLyme
Joined: Oct 26, 2016
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 26
July 14th, 2018 at 11:00:35 AM permalink
I think Golden Nugget has a good handle on what you said, and so does Ocean, in a way. GN has said here's your sample, now you have 90 days to get X points, and you'll have status until 2020. That's pretty good, especially if your Trade Up card is eligible for the 3X/4X promo days. CET did basically the same thing last year. Ocean, on the other hand, is giving you til September 30th and they will re-evaluate your tier. Buuuuttt...what if I sign up at the end of August? I think providing a goal would go a long way to making people reach it.

I will say tier matching is a very good thing. As a casino, you want the big(ger) players on your property spending money. Doesn't matter if they're low grinding Diamonds or MLife Gold members, that's steady money. Why would any player want to start at the bottom at a competitor? Only play provides the kickback, so the casino is giving you a test run by hooking you up with the card and comping you based on the play you bring. So, the main thing is the player HAS to commit to one or two of the properties, or they lose VIP status at all of them. Giving any Joe or Joanne status is easy, and probably costs less than trying to lure in someone new with a promo. Plus in AC, at least, almost every property charges VIP lounge admission, so simply matching doesn't provide any benefit that would effectively "dilute" the program or overcrowd the lounge. If you've earned the $10 plus in admission, you deserve to go get a drink in there. A legitimate, loyal player should have no problem with that, IMO.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
July 14th, 2018 at 11:37:53 AM permalink
Quote: HarryLyme

I think Golden Nugget has a good handle on what you said, and so does Ocean, in a way. GN has said here's your sample, now you have 90 days to get X points, and you'll have status until 2020. That's pretty good, especially if your Trade Up card is eligible for the 3X/4X promo days. CET did basically the same thing last year. Ocean, on the other hand, is giving you til September 30th and they will re-evaluate your tier. Buuuuttt...what if I sign up at the end of August? I think providing a goal would go a long way to making people reach it.

I will say tier matching is a very good thing. As a casino, you want the big(ger) players on your property spending money. Doesn't matter if they're low grinding Diamonds or MLife Gold members, that's steady money. Why would any player want to start at the bottom at a competitor? Only play provides the kickback, so the casino is giving you a test run by hooking you up with the card and comping you based on the play you bring. So, the main thing is the player HAS to commit to one or two of the properties, or they lose VIP status at all of them. Giving any Joe or Joanne status is easy, and probably costs less than trying to lure in someone new with a promo. Plus in AC, at least, almost every property charges VIP lounge admission, so simply matching doesn't provide any benefit that would effectively "dilute" the program or overcrowd the lounge. If you've earned the $10 plus in admission, you deserve to go get a drink in there. A legitimate, loyal player should have no problem with that, IMO.



You bring up some very valid points. I think my main issue is that I am tired of the "VIP" line being longer than the regular line as most places. Having status at a property used to mean something, now everyone and their Uncle has a premium card. Just my opinion, of course.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 516
  • Posts: 3060
July 14th, 2018 at 3:47:27 PM permalink
Quote: HarryLyme

I think Golden Nugget has a good handle on what you said, and so does Ocean, in a way.
GN has said here's your sample, now you have 90 days to get X points, and you'll have status until 2020.
That's pretty good, especially if your Trade Up card is eligible for the 3X/4X promo days.


though gn had permanent point multipliers for their elite Trade up card?
but cant find it on their website any more :(
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
BobVB
BobVB
Joined: Jun 4, 2011
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 13
July 15th, 2018 at 9:31:01 AM permalink
We are enrolled in the loyalty program at Hard Rock in Atlantic City. Their web site’s “Wild Card Rewards Benefits” page states that to check you r rewards balances go to . This brings you to the home page of the Atlantic City Hard Rock again with no place to sign in. Am I too early or is the site not up to steam yet? Any ideas on where to find the loyalty stuff?
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
July 15th, 2018 at 10:03:04 AM permalink
Quote: BobVB

We are enrolled in the loyalty program at Hard Rock in Atlantic City. Their web site’s “Wild Card Rewards Benefits” page states that to check you r rewards balances go to . This brings you to the home page of the Atlantic City Hard Rock again with no place to sign in. Am I too early or is the site not up to steam yet? Any ideas on where to find the loyalty stuff?



HR Wild Card is the same loyalty program Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood (FL) uses. Maybe you can check it on their website, but I don't know if they're linked.

The one in Biloxi uses a different loyalty program. (Gold, Platinum, Double Plat, etc) Not sure what any others use.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Thanks for this post from:
BobVB
July 15th, 2018 at 1:40:55 PM permalink
Quote: BobVB

We are enrolled in the loyalty program at Hard Rock in Atlantic City. Their web site’s “Wild Card Rewards Benefits” page states that to check you r rewards balances go to . This brings you to the home page of the Atlantic City Hard Rock again with no place to sign in. Am I too early or is the site not up to steam yet? Any ideas on where to find the loyalty stuff?



The Wild Card portal to view offers and account balances for the AC property is not active yet. They said it should be available in the near future.

  • Jump to: