MrsHeartRN
MrsHeartRN
  • Threads: 20
August 24th, 2015 at 3:57:25 PM permalink
They closed the topic, but jerrysnj from the "other board" is going in for open heart surgery.

Just wanted to state on this board too, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a smooth and speedy recovery Jerry.

Quote: 7star4now

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k8794589-I_ll_be_away_but_hopefully_I_will_be_back-Atlantic_City_New_Jersey.html

You only go around once, but if you play your cards right, once is enough.” ¯ Francis Albert
7star4now
7star4now
  • Threads: 33
August 24th, 2015 at 6:21:53 PM permalink
Quote: MrsHeartRN

They closed the topic, but jerrysnj from the "other board" is going in for open heart surgery.

Just wanted to state on this board too, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a smooth and speedy recovery Jerry.

Tx MrsHeartRN,

I posted this on here -since I figured TA WOULD close the topic -despite Jerry's vast contributions to their enterprise, helping out innumerable potential future TA & AC customers & bringing thousands of eyeballs to their site.

He always sees the AC glass half full, which I sometimes do not, but I respect & admire, & at times envy, his point of view & his contributions here showed me that he is sincere - just a great guy trying to help out others.
jerrysnj
jerrysnj
  • Threads: 9
September 16th, 2015 at 2:46:23 PM permalink
Thanks for the kind words. I'm finally feel up for an update on my recovery so here goes. I've hit two bumps in the road but hopefully its smooth from here out.
Three days after release from my valve replacement surgery I came down with diverticulitis. I went to my local hospital to be treated and was admitted for three days. While there they noticed several types of heart block and were thinking of implanting a pacemaker but then my heart reset itself and I was released. I was feeling pretty good when I got home.
Later that evening I felt light headed and using my home pulse ox I found my pulse rate was 30 and nothing I could do would change that. So I decided since it was late I would be better off driving the extra hour to go back to the Hospital of the University of Penn (HUP) instead of my local hospital as they are better prepared for emergencies at night. Upon arrival at HUP I was taken to the resuscitation unit where four separate doses of a drug to speed up my heart was unsuccessful in raising my pulse rate. They hooked up external pacing pads to me that resembled AED pads and tried them out three times shocking me each time that hurt badly. I was sent to the Cardiac Care Unit overnight where a nurse sat by my side all night watching my vitals. My heart reset itself once again around 3:30 am. That day I had a three lead pacemaker implanted.
I was in HUP four more days and placed on Coumadin as at some point I went into AFib. I was not sleeping and hardly eating in the hospital and felt I was getting weaker. My Coumadin levels finally got high enough for me to be released yesterday. I feel lucky to be alive, if that slow heart rate hit while I was asleep who knows what would have happened. I now need to start all over on my road to recovery but I'm determined to get back to 100% or even better than before.
I'm still not up to daily postings but should be soon. I'm getting bored at home so that's probably a good sign.
7star4now
7star4now
  • Threads: 33
September 16th, 2015 at 3:08:54 PM permalink
Welcome back Jerry!

It sounds as though, having the "heart" of a gambler , may have helped get you through this?

You were on the verge of losing it all, persevered, & won it all back!

Now, if those hospitals start sending you "free room comps" for future visits, throw them away & head for AC!

Thanks for sharing about the biggest win ever posted on a gambling board....
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 16th, 2015 at 5:56:30 PM permalink
Welcome back, jerry! It's a long road back, but give it about 2 months and then compare how much better you'll be doing. My mom had that same surgery August 2002, and I took 8 weeks detached leave to be her primary caregiver, so I saw the progression. Even though she had an initial setback that kept her in the hospital 17 days, from there she recovered steadily and is still in amazing health 13 years later. I'm sure this can go as well for you as it has for her, and I wish you all the best.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
September 16th, 2015 at 7:41:13 PM permalink
My thoughts are with you my friend. I know you will be back to 100% soon.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 16th, 2015 at 7:56:08 PM permalink
Definitely wish you a speedy recovery.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
jetermacaw
jetermacaw
  • Threads: 1
September 17th, 2015 at 3:13:15 AM permalink
Welcome back Jerry!
MrsHeartRN
MrsHeartRN
  • Threads: 20
September 17th, 2015 at 5:14:12 AM permalink
Great to hear from you Jerry and thanks for the update! It was a smart move to go to Penn, I've been there many times and it's a top notch Cardiovascular Hospital and have worked with many of the cardiologists there.
Sorry to hear about your set backs but as you said, if that bradycardia happened when you were sleeping you might have not have had such a positive outcome. Here's to a smooth recovery and you're in my thoughts and prayers.' Keep up that positive outlook, it goes so far in recovery process.
You only go around once, but if you play your cards right, once is enough.” ¯ Francis Albert
  • Jump to: