Avincow
Avincow
Joined: Oct 17, 2014
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 395
January 29th, 2015 at 10:36:09 AM permalink
I'm almost exclusively a blackjack player. Is there any benefit to going to Atlantic City over Vegas? Isn't everything 8 deck over there anyway? And with all the financial trouble going on over there, I am wondering whether it is worth checking out. To go to either place I need to get on a plane.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 741
January 29th, 2015 at 10:45:42 AM permalink
Unless you have established hosts and deals over in AC and coupling it with seeing friends and family, Vegas all the way.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
January 29th, 2015 at 10:52:13 AM permalink
The high limit rooms offer six deck S17 games. There is no surrender in town with the exception of the Golden Nugget high limit room where it can be negotiated. There may be restrictions. I visit a few times a year and may be there this weekend. If anyone wants a game checked out let me know. I seldom play blackjack there and would have to see advantage plays other than counting.

Benefits? Not at blackjack. Do you like Jersey girls? :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
7star4now
7star4now
Joined: Jul 8, 2013
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 782
January 29th, 2015 at 10:58:25 AM permalink
Quote: Avincow

I'm almost exclusively a blackjack player. Is there any benefit to going to Atlantic City over Vegas? Isn't everything 8 deck over there anyway? And with all the financial trouble going on over there, I am wondering whether it is worth checking out. To go to either place I need to get on a plane.



You will save $ on sunscreen - if you want to factor that advantage in.
vendman1
vendman1
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1034
January 29th, 2015 at 12:38:40 PM permalink
Jersey Girls are easy, and the White House makes a mean hoagie. Other than that...Vegas Baby.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
January 29th, 2015 at 1:20:27 PM permalink
No reason to go to AC unless it is within driving distance.
Intheknow
Intheknow
Joined: Jan 8, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 179
January 29th, 2015 at 3:25:01 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

No reason to go to AC unless it is within driving distance.



Sad but true. Pretty soon it won't be worth it unless it's within bicycling distance.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
January 29th, 2015 at 5:08:37 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

The high limit rooms offer six deck S17 games. There is no surrender in town with the exception of the Golden Nugget high limit room where it can be negotiated. There may be restrictions. I visit a few times a year and may be there this weekend. If anyone wants a game checked out let me know. I seldom play blackjack there and would have to see advantage plays other than counting.

Benefits? Not at blackjack. Do you like Jersey girls? :-)



I know of at least 2 casinos in LV that offer surrender. Or do you mean coupling S17 with LS?
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
January 30th, 2015 at 12:20:25 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I know of at least 2 casinos in LV that offer surrender. Or do you mean coupling S17 with LS?



Only two? There's lots of surrender in Vegas. I was answering the question about Atlantic City. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The old Trump Marina is now the Golden Nugget. There is no surrender in Atlantic City other than possibly that one pit that I mentioned.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

  • Jump to: