Scan
Scan
  • Threads: 91
January 27th, 2015 at 11:36:38 PM permalink
I know there was a a lot of buzz when the deal for the Pier Shops was made.anyone hear anything new
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
January 28th, 2015 at 5:03:11 AM permalink
I was at Caesars a couple of week ago, and the staff I talked to said the new company that owns it has had contractors out there taking measurements etc. Also the indoor beach on the third level was removed when I was there. Don't know if that was temporary or permanent. They said the word is they are trying to have it "redone" by summer. Whatever that means.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
January 28th, 2015 at 6:27:58 AM permalink
Normal and yet historic problem with AC from the start. Everyone lives for 3 or 4 summer months and screw the rest of the year. That is just another reason there steady trade fell off, even before the start of all the other places in PA and other surrounding areas. Among the so many other areas that were easily 'overlooked' everyone should have concentrated on peripheral profit centers and business owners on building Fall and Winter 'things to do' of some type. It was bad horrible in the Fall and Winter, a person was limited only tot he properties themselves and 90% of all other stores and attraction or anything else to do, closed. And then they always said, 'there is no business in the fall or winter'. That whole outlet shops, too little too late, should have been a huge multi story indoor mall, like Mall of America in Minnesota. The whole north end of AC should have had a huge amusement operator brought in with huge tax concessions and incentives and had a big time family entertainment center built there. There was so many other things but they only catered to drinking and gambling in the summer. There are tons of other places that picked up on the same concept around the northeast. Of course today was coming, they set the stage a long time ago. .
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 10
January 28th, 2015 at 10:59:00 AM permalink
Quote: vendman1

Also the indoor beach on the third level was removed when I was there. Don't know if that was temporary or permanent.

I never considered it an indoor beach. It was a place to sit down and rest while enjoying the view. It seemed that there was always someone sitting down reading a book or using a Laptop.
Intheknow
Intheknow
  • Threads: 0
January 28th, 2015 at 11:55:44 AM permalink
No word but the smug little bastard Apple employees are still there.

The beach "scene" to the right as you enter is behind a construction wall now.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 28th, 2015 at 1:12:47 PM permalink
But they are like that all over though? Not just AC?

Used to hit the Tommy Bahama store then go to the rear where the water show was at and there was a good little food place on the south side at the end. Wasn't a bad place to hang out taking into consideration the only other place was the outlet shops. Of course we used to run over to the mall at Egg Harbor Township also as well as numerous stores out on the White Horse Pike.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 28th, 2015 at 1:26:22 PM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

But they are like that all over though? Not just AC?

Used to hit the Tommy Bahama store then go to the rear where the water show was at and there was a good little food place on the south side at the end. Wasn't a bad place to hang out taking into consideration the only other place was the outlet shops. Of course we used o run over to the mall at Egg Harbor Township also.

That place had great fruit protein smoothies - I miss it
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 28th, 2015 at 1:58:56 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

That place had great fruit protein smoothies - I miss it

Yes they did, LOL! All of us playing at Caesar's used to run over there constantly and get those. I do remember they had all kinds of great sweets also. It was kind of a deli, bakery, ice cream shop??
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
January 28th, 2015 at 2:39:33 PM permalink
Who remembers the grimy McDonalds that was right up the escalator in the front of the 2nd floor before they redid the whole pier in the 00s? Classic. Always dirty, always busy, always slow. More than one losing night ended there...
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
January 29th, 2015 at 6:32:46 AM permalink
Quote: FatGeezus

I never considered it an indoor beach. It was a place to sit down and rest while enjoying the view. It seemed that there was always someone sitting down reading a book or using a Laptop.

Well the place I'm talking about, on I guess the third level...had sand and beach chairs in it, and faced the ocean. So in my mind it was an indoor beach. Funny how people see things differntly
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 10
January 29th, 2015 at 9:05:30 AM permalink
Quote: cclub79

Who remembers the grimy McDonalds that was right up the escalator in the front of the 2nd floor before they redid the whole pier in the 00s? Classic. Always dirty, always busy, always slow. More than one losing night ended there...

I remember the McD and all the family friendly shops.

My friends son was the manager of the Kay-Bee toy store.

Those were the 'good old days' before the upscale remodel. I think that the only thing that I purchased on the Pier since the remodel was some candy for the grandkids.
  • Jump to: