7star4now
7star4now
  • Threads: 33
January 21st, 2015 at 1:42:22 PM permalink
Don't like to knock cops, & the 20 yr old in this certainly could be a real ahole, in the but the cop who executes the K9 attack , 4 mins in (after the guy is restrained & the pile of cops are off him), could make some very leery of going to AC- fearing any police interaction

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/atlantic-city-cops-beat-man-charge-him-numerous-crimes-video

here's the K9 cop's history
http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/22/15-internal-affairs-investigations-in-tw

grand jury just indicted him & cleared the officers.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man-Indicted-Police-Officers-Cleared-in-Videotaped-Arrest-in-Atlantic-City-289246661.html#ixzz3PUiUcLte
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 21st, 2015 at 1:52:21 PM permalink
That's a good ending to the story. I love
dogs..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
dave12038457
dave12038457
  • Threads: 19
January 21st, 2015 at 1:52:21 PM permalink
Well, he did bleed on the pooch!
What they need are body cams. Police "internal affairs" investigating fellow officers alleged misconduct just isn't going to cut it.
Scan
Scan
  • Threads: 91
January 21st, 2015 at 2:00:46 PM permalink
Quote: dave12038457

Well, he did bleed on the pooch!
What they need are body cams. Police "internal affairs" investigating fellow officers alleged misconduct just isn't going to cut it.

I love the body camera idea

I believe in this case it was investigated by the Office of the Atlantic County Prosecutor
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 21st, 2015 at 2:06:33 PM permalink
^^^ I 100% agree that EVERY officer on duty/patrol/called to a scene should have a GoPro. The video should be black boxed for the highest in authority, and if it's ever "randomly" missing, then that should automatically count against the officer. Ideally these should even be streamed and provided to the public. They are, after all, public servants... bought and paid for with our very own money.

Yeah, he looked like he had 100 opportunities to walk away from the incident, and that he was being a loud mouth douche bag. I've had plenty of interactions with people like that, but I haven't ever had the need to get in a fist fight with them. It's called self-control. That being said, that doesn't give the cops the right to ATTACK an unarmed civilian. Freedom of speech. You should be able to say anything you want. I don't care if you're an officer or not. Let alone, shouldn't officers be held to a higher standard in the realms of dealing with people (verbally)? They're supposed to be so high and mighty, and protecting and serving us. I don't care if this kid was calling them all p**sies, they have no right to straight up assault him, like they did.

I'm so sick of seeing cops do illegal things and getting off the hook for it. What kind of message does that send? What does that tell civilians? The only way to get justice is to do it yourself, is the message I would get if that happened to me, or someone close to me. If I have a son, and later in life, something like this (or other news stories - pick one, there's millions of them) happens to him... where a cop clearly commits a crime and gets off because "hey I'm a cop" that would literally just teach me to seek justice through my own means.

What do you get when you put a shiny badge on a piece of crap? ...a piece of crap with a shiny badge.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
jerrysnj
jerrysnj
  • Threads: 9
January 21st, 2015 at 2:14:40 PM permalink
Though body cams are better than nothing they are limited as they are usually strapped to the chest and a threat may be seen by the officer turning his head. K9 use almost always results in a lawsuit and every use is automatically investigated by internal affairs so the K9 officers will show a higher number of complaints. This like most cases are simple to avoid by just complying with the officers orders and if you think they are wrong take them to court.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 21st, 2015 at 2:17:56 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

that would literally just teach me to seek justice through my own means.

And that's why cops are the way they
are, because of people with attitudes
like yours. I love cops, they always
came when I called them in the bar,
and helped when I had the cab co.
They are aces in my book.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
January 21st, 2015 at 2:26:01 PM permalink
I think the punk ass kid got what he deserved. I'm serious.

If I witnessed this scene, I would've bought coffee and donuts for the officers, and thanked them for their service.

EDIT- I hope the "punk ass kid" isn't a forum member (I'm not looking to get suspended).
dave12038457
dave12038457
January 21st, 2015 at 2:35:46 PM permalink
Well I used to be very pro-police. Until I was pulled over after I supposedly crossed the center line. Something myself and passenger dispute to this day.
Then since I had a few beers over 8 hours I had to do the whole field sobriety test. I passed and got a warning for crossing the center line.
Another time a cop stopped be lights a flashin to ask me about my antique car, and nothing else.
I could go on and on.
There are good cops and there are d!ckhead cops. Problem is the good cops won't snitch on the d!ckheads so they have free range.
Anybody who thinks this stupid drunk kid got what he deserved is living in la,la land. If you allow them do whatever they want they will become like Gestopo agents.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 21st, 2015 at 2:39:11 PM permalink

If you allow them do whatever they want they will become like Gestopo agents.

But they don't do whatever they want,
and if you believe they do you're the one
in la la land.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
January 21st, 2015 at 2:39:27 PM permalink

There are good cops and there are d!ckhead cops.

Indeed, there are d!ckhead cops.

The best way to avoid them is to OBEY THE LAW!
dave12038457
dave12038457
January 21st, 2015 at 3:27:30 PM permalink
I was "Obeying" the law both times I cited.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
January 21st, 2015 at 4:07:13 PM permalink

Well I used to be very pro-police. Until I was pulled over after I supposedly crossed the center line. Something myself and passenger dispute to this day.
Then since I had a few beers over 8 hours I had to do the whole field sobriety test. I passed and got a warning for crossing the center line.
Another time a cop stopped be lights a flashin to ask me about my antique car, and nothing else.
I could go on and on.
There are good cops and there are d!ckhead cops. Problem is the good cops won't snitch on the d!ckheads so they have free range.
Anybody who thinks this stupid drunk kid got what he deserved is living in la,la land. If you allow them do whatever they want they will become like Gestopo agents.

So, you got stopped twice in your life and they let you go with a warning both times?
The police are certainly out to get you...
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
January 21st, 2015 at 4:18:38 PM permalink
Police have to obey the law they protect.

If you curse me and my friends in the street, we cannot run over and beat the crap out of you.

Notice the judge has ruled the cops cannot put the lawsuit off until the criminal charges are tried. This means they may be successfully sued even if he is later found guilty however I doubt a sane jury will agree with that.

I mean, he's being charged with attacking the dog! If a dog is sicced on you, how can you be charged with attacking the dog. And anyone would defend themselves when being bitten by a dog.

Also, I saw in one interview that police are trained NEVER to allow the dog to bite the back of the neck as that can lead to permanent injury and certainly not when someone is prostrate on the ground.

In the end, whatever lunacy the grand jury does, the video will speak for itself.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Intheknow
Intheknow
  • Threads: 0
January 21st, 2015 at 5:43:41 PM permalink
Most AC police are dicks. I'm law abiding for the most part but most encounters I've had with AC police lesve me thinking they're dicks.

The atlantic county prosecuted office couldn't solve a suicide by hanging in a one man jail cell.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
January 21st, 2015 at 6:59:42 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

So, you got stopped twice in your life and they let you go with a warning both times?
The police are certainly out to get you...

And both times he should not have been stopped.
A friend of mine was recently stopped and the cop said I saw your out of state plates so I thought you were lost.
What a bs excuse to stop someone. Cops need to be held accountable for their actions but instead lie for each other.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
  • Jump to: