rr
rr
  • Threads: 1
March 19th, 2018 at 10:50:44 AM permalink
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the maths behind extra ball costs on a video bingo that is to be played similar or even the same as World of Bingo mobile app games (latin video bingo style):
- 3x5 tickets (4 or more of them)
- 90 numbers
- 30 balls drawn in a regular draw
- various winning patterns
- up to 10 extra balls drawn

I can't figure out how to calculate what the cost of the ball should be or when the extra ball feature should even be activated.
Feature activation is most likely a go if the cost goes above 1?
And about cost of the ball I'd imagine you assume an RTP and calculate the cost itself against it based on the possible wins and number of balls left in the pot?
I've tried searching but haven't really found any information anywhere and sort of hit a wall. Does anyone know the answer to these or maybe has anyone ever had similar problem before?

Best
R
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
rr
March 19th, 2018 at 11:14:33 AM permalink
It's pretty simple -- just go through all the undrawn balls, calculate the additional win with that ball, and then divide by the number of balls remaining. That will give you the fair cost of the ball.

I believe most makers charge about 10% above the fair cost. If you see a maker charging under the fair value, I would be suspicious the draw if fair.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
rr
March 19th, 2018 at 11:14:51 AM permalink
You must calculate the EV of the additional ball. This is the average win after an extra ball minus the current win. You then have a target RTP for that extra ball, which should typically be higher than the base game RTP. The charge for that ball should be EV/RTP. Here, make a decision whether to round up or down the wager amount. If you round up, you'll come in a little below the target RTP, and if your round down, you'll come in a little high.

I like the idea of offering the extra ball if the cost goes above 1. This makes the decision easy regardless of the number of cards played.
I heart Crystal Math.
rr
rr
  • Threads: 1
March 19th, 2018 at 11:22:24 AM permalink
Thanks a ton, will give it a go!
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
March 19th, 2018 at 8:18:20 PM permalink
Meanwhile I'll keep playin my live bingo sessions. I am absolutely crushing it on certain sessions. I can't see this gravy train lasting for long, players are getting pissed off. Stations put an end to my AP back in Vegas about a decade ago, wouldn't be surprised that this property does the same. I'm tipping over 10% on most bingos just keep the staff on my side. My gravy train = their gravy train
  • Jump to: