davidrams
davidrams
  • Threads: 3
August 2nd, 2017 at 3:07:20 AM permalink
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been answered already but I can't find it if so.

Anyway..

I've been reading the deconstruction of slots on wizardofodds. Fascinating stuff. I understand how to calculate the expected return from freespins (with x3 win amounts, same reels) from reading Atkins Diet and how to calculate it for a "pick" bonus from Larry Lobster

So my question is:

On some slot's i've played you can trigger the "pick" bonus inside a freespin spin, so therefore it would be x3 win. How would you work out the expected return for that? I'm not sure where to start

For Larry and Atkins you can come up with the total expected return by splitting out the values from each type of win so for example..

Larry's has:

66% from Wins
30% from bonus
= 96% Expected Return

Atkins has:
70% from wins
25% from freespins
= 95% expected return.

Thanks in advance.
davidrams
davidrams
  • Threads: 3
August 29th, 2017 at 4:41:58 AM permalink
No one know how to do this? I literally haven't a clue where to start in combine a "pick" bonus with freespins (ie where you can get the bonus IN the freespins and its a x3 win since it in a freespin)
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
August 29th, 2017 at 10:36:18 AM permalink
Quote: davidrams

No one know how to do this? I literally haven't a clue where to start in combine a "pick" bonus with freespins (ie where you can get the bonus IN the freespins and its a x3 win since it in a freespin)

I would split up the return by:

base return
base game pick bonus return
free return
free game pick bonus return

For the base game pick bonus return, it would be p(pick bonus)*average pick bonus pay.
For the free game pick bonus return, it would be p(free spins)*average free spins*p(pick bonus from a free spin)*average pick bonus pay * 3.
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: