FrankieCat
FrankieCat
  • Threads: 1
November 7th, 2015 at 8:35:39 PM permalink
I have read that there are 3.376 rolls per pass line decision. What is a pass line decision? Is it winning your pass line bet?

I also read that a shooter averages 8.5 rolls. My question is: does the 8.5 rolls encompass all of the shooters rolls until a 7 out? Or, does the 8.5 roll average reset if the shooter hits the point thus starting a new come out roll?

Thanks for your help!!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 7th, 2015 at 9:03:18 PM permalink
Quote: FrankieCat

I have read that there are 3.376 rolls per pass line decision. What is a pass line decision? Is it winning your pass line bet?

I also read that a shooter averages 8.5 rolls. My question is: does the 8.5 rolls encompass all of the shooters rolls until a 7 out? Or, does the 8.5 roll average reset if the shooter hits the point thus starting a new come out roll?

Thanks for your help!!

Reiterating from past threads (as opposed to being a "craps expert").

A pass line decision is, once a number is set, how many rolls it takes to either re-roll it or to roll a 7. So that bet is resolved (decided), whether you win or lose it.

A shooter averaging 8.5 rolls includes come-out craps, 7/11 winners, and 1 or more pass lines set or resolved, whichever of those might happen. As you know, the only way he loses the dice is to 7out after setting a number, so anything that happens before that singular event counts towards that average.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: